Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Passenger

Default How long to get off ship at Grand Cayman?

We are on Inspiration at the end of this month. We are scheduled to be in Grand Cayman from 7am to 2pm. We want to arrange our own excursions. We would have to be at the excursion at 8am, which is a 10 minute walk from the pier. If we aren't using the ship's excurions, will we be off the ship SHORTLY after 7 so that we can make it to our excursion? The later excursion returns at 1:15. Would we have enough time to make it on a tender to get back to the ship by 2:00??? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Admiral

You might be in a tight spot. Arrive 7am does not mean tenders running at 7am. You Probably can get off by 8am but no guarantee and if not on a ship's excursion no priority. Sailing at 2pm means all aboard by 130 pm
which probably means last tender at about 115pm.
You may be better off bighting the bullet and doing ship's excursion in this port if only connections available are that tight.
Old January 12th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I agree with PapaBill. When we were there last April they announced the last tender was at 1:00 p.m. They really want everyone on board by 1:30 to leave at 2:00.
Old January 12th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Admiral

Also agree with everyone regarding doing a ship's excursion with such a tight schedule. The first ones off the ship using the tenders are the ones with a ship's excursion. They do leave as promised too and we have seen and heard of cruisers left behind.

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 12th, 2006, 09:59 PM
First Mate

Strongly recommend AGAINST booking your own excursion. No guarantees you will be where you need to be by 8am. I would stick with the cruise tour.
Old January 13th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Passenger

I think you could do it but it does sound like the schedule would be rather tight. You have to walk down to the main lounge with your stuff and take a number and get ready to go immediately when called. I've been on shore there by 7:30 a couple of times. I think the "tight" part is making sure you get back on the ship on time. I was there in Nov and the tenders were still bringing on stragglers from Senor Frogs 15 or even 10 minutes to departure time. Sounds a bit too exciting to me, but not outside the realm of something I would try.