Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Valor - Smoking

I am sailing on the Valor in March with family. I read that you are allowed to smoke in your cabins. Has anyone experienced their cabin smelling like cigarettes? When we sailed on the Caribbean Princess last year we noticed our pillows smelled and had to have them replaced.
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Yeoman

This is a topic that is like a bad habit....no pun intended....it goes away, them comes back. If you do a search, there are tons of threads on this.

From all i have gathered, all ships allow smoking, some times it's really bad, then sometimes it can't be smelled. One of those catch 22's. depending on how sensitive your nose is, balcony vs inside/windowless stateroom, what deck, how long the cruise is for, etc.

on those cases where you want to be sure, or at least help, bring a small can of Ozium. That stuff works wonders.
Old January 12th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Passenger

Thanks, we do have a balcony room so we are hoping that will help. I was so spoiled on our cruise in '03 on the then Smokeless Paradise, it was WONDERFUL!!!
Old January 12th, 2006, 10:41 PM
First Mate

Cruisekitty - I have been on 22 cruises and have never smelled smoke in my cabin (I'm a non-smoker who smokes an occasional cigar on the balcony) but I've never experienced a smoking stench on ANY of my cruises. If I'm correct I don't believe they allow you to smoke (at least you're not supposed to) inside your cabin. I could be wrong, but honestly it's never been a problem (I've been on 13 Carnival cruises). Have fun!