Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Passenger

Default Opinions on Camp Carnival?

We will be cruising on the Elation in early April with our two children, ages 3 and 6. We have never cruised with children before so we are not familiar with Camp Carnival. I would like opinions on Camp Carnival from someone that has used it. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Admiral

I have taken advantage of Camp Carnival on the Sensation and the Liberty. Carnival does a great job in this area and I have had great experiences both times. The counselors are well prepared and always have a plan for the day. My kids 2 and 4 on the Sensation and 3 and 5 on the Liberty were never bored. They sometimes cried when it was time to go. Hope that helps.
Old January 16th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Camp Carnival

When my children were young enough to attend Camp Carnival they loved it. They had so much fun with the other children I had to insist that they join their dd and I for dinner.

I like the fact that the children are divided by age groups. I did not want my youngest child with older children.

The last cruise with children in the family young enough to participate in Camp Carnival, I remember running into my niece while the children were on a Scavenger Hunt. My niece was very shy when she was younger. This was a major accomplishment for her to get out with the other children and participate.

I like the fact that they keep the kids really busy so that the cruise is fun for them. dm and dd can go and do whatever they would like while the kids are having fun.

Then every one can get together and have fun as a family.
Old January 16th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Passenger

The camp is great. We had three kids on the Miracle in Dec. 3-7-10. yrs old. The 7 yr old passed up on last 2 days of shore trips to go to camp, the 10 yr old also loved it, but they can sign them selfs out, and alot of thier activities meant running threw ship on hunts etc. He has a,d,d., so would some times end up finding the ice cream/chocolate counter and remaining there for an hour untill we bumped into him or security was taking the group of boys back to camp. The 3 yr old we hoped would like it so we could go out in the eve. He loves the babysitter here but after 1 hour the first day they called us and asked for him to be picked up because he was upset. Was playing fine when we got there but asked to take him? He would not return, except one day when we arranged for 7 yr old to visit him if he was upset so we could go river tubing in Belize. We did later learn that on the first day he got upset when the large mascot came into the room, and then heard his sister on other side of a knee high wall and they would not let him see her. They will not mix ages, and are strict on that. Seem very profesional , but hoped for not such a quick call, but know they have others to care for. Would try again.
Old January 17th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

My kids loved it when they were younger. There were tears at the end of every cruise vacation. The counselors were great with the kids. Lots of age appropriate activities.
Old January 17th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Passenger

we used it with our 4 and 8 year old in December on the Liberty. Can't say enough about the staff. They were great. The kids kept asking to go back and we even left them on the ship while we did an excursion in Mexico.
Old January 18th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Default We started cruising with the boys...

when they were 5 and 8. We have been on 10 different Carnival ships and have always been extremely pleased with the care they received from Camp Carnival. Our youngest son is a special needs child and he has always received the care he needed.

On one of the ships (I can't remember which one) Charlie (Camp Carnival Big Cheese for that ship) personally brought him to us at dinner one night when he became frightened and needed us. He was 10 years old at the time and she could have easily just told him to sign himself out and come find us. But she made sure that he found us and was ok.

He is now 14 and headed on his 13th cruise in March. While he does not do Camp Carnival much any longer (he prefers to hang out with Dad), he will still pop in for an occasional visit (depending on the activity).

They are very professional and always keep your child's best interest at heart.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND