Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Passenger

Default My Scotch

Does Carnival actually screen your luggage and remove a fine bottle of scotch? This is akin to a hotel not letting you have your reservation if you have a bottle in your luggage. I don't know why we travellers should have to put up with this treatment when we are paying the bills. Your comments.
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I haven't "heard" that Carnival is actively screening checked bags for alcohol but it is against their policy to bring it on board.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 16th, 2006, 01:18 AM
Admiral

Mike is right and wrong at the same time. According to the following from Carnival's web page, you can bring one bottle of wine or champagne if celebrating a special occasion.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. However, if celebrating a special occasion while on board, one bottle of fine wine or champagne may be brought on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages onboard the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship's gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old January 16th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

On that same note, what about taking on a bottle of a liquor that the cruiselne does not serve from any of it's bars?

My liquor of peference is Parrot Bay. I enjoy having a glass while getting ready for dinner, or hanging out in the lobby bar. However, I have never been able to find it at any bar on any CCL ship I have been on, so I take a bottle with me. I do not walk around the decks with bottle in hand, but I will pour a glass before I leave the cabin and take it with me. They sell it in the shop, but not getting it until the last night doesn't help any.

Jodi
Old January 16th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Beginner

Hi, My husband and I were wondering if you could bring on a bottle of liquor also. We were thinking of doing this when we cruise on the inspiration. But we do not want to get in any trouble.
Would love to hear some input on this.
Old January 17th, 2006, 12:00 AM
First Mate

When we cruised, the couple we met up with on the ship and became friendly with said the put a bottle in their luggage and they had no problems getting it on board. I guess you run the risk of getting caught, but what is the penalty, not being able to enjoy your own liquor? I guess some chances are worth taking?
RCCL Freedom : April 2012
CCL Destiny : April 2011
CCL Valor : September 2010
CCL Victory : March 2010
RCCL Adventure : September 2009
RCCL Monarch : March 2009
RCCL Mariner : September 2008
CCL Liberty : March 2008
CCL Valor : July 2007
CCL Celebration : March 2007
CCL Elation : March 2006
CCL Fantasy : October 2005