Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Passenger

Default Alaska Excursion Ideas

Hello, My family and I (this includes two teenage girls, 19 and 16) are going on a southbound Alaskan cruise in June. The cruise stops in Sitka, Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan. I am looking for specific excursion ideas. We don't feel the need to go on an excursion in every port. We're happy to explore the city, too. Thank you in advance for your help.

Dana J
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Think about doing some whale watching in Juneau, either with the ship or privately. We went with Capt. Larry and it was wonderful, smaller boat and less people, and plenty of whales.

In Skagway, there is the White Pass railroad, which is a rather long excursion, but well worth it to see and hear about the area, its just beautiful and so interesting.

Most of these towns are great to just walk around, shop, etc...I especially loved Ketchikan, lots to do and see there.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 18th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

I contacted Captain Larry and scheduled our Whale watching excursion. The lady that answered the phone was the nicest person I have ever spoken with in my entire life! She not only reserved our trip, but gave me all kinds of tips on the towns, like the place you have to go and try the ice cream shop and where to find the best hamburger place in town.
Then at Christmas we got a beautiful Christmas postcard! This lady must have been the one that did the mailing, because she wrote a personal note on it about a subject we had spoken about. I agree with Karen, with that type of personal customer service, you just know that you're going to have a great time!!!
If you need the phone number, etc. please feel free to email me.
jsalyers@ehc.edu.

We also plan on doing the Great Lumberjack show, my husband has watched this on ESPN and I thought he might enjoy seeing it in person.
I did book this thru the cruise ship( Carnival Spirit), since the price was almost the same at the website for the show.