Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Passenger

Default 1st time cruiser...Glory or Miracle...thanks!

This will be our 1st time cruising! There will be a group of adults - all have children, ranging from 1.5-10. We are looking at the cruises leaving Florida in August, 2006.

1. Miracle will be stopping at Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Belize City, and Cozumel.

2. Glory will be stopping at Key West, Belize City and Cozumel.

From what I have seen, I think I would enjoy the Glory better, but the ports on the Miracle seem to be the better choice.

Please give me your opinions on the two options. Keeping in mind that the kids LOVE pools and slides, etc...anything to do with water! I am also a HUGE fan of FOOD!!!! So, that is also important to us.

Please give me your opinions about whatever you feel necessary!! THANKS!!

One other thing...Would it be possible for two adults and 3 children (ages 1 1/2, 4 and 10) to stay in one interior room? We are on a tight budget and trying to stay at lowest cost possible! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I can't comment on the Glory but we cruised the Miracle last April and loved her! Food was outstanding, as usual. We did eat in the supper club and were very glad we did. Entertainment was good and we did enjoy the piano bar.

In August 2005 I sailed on the Inspiration with 3 kids (ages 12, 13, & 14), all 4 of us in one room. It was tight, but doable. I would say with the ages of your children you can do it, but it will be crowded. You'll really have to limit your packing!
Old January 19th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Hi, Just think about what you will do in the ports as your children are quite young. I personally like the Miracle itinerary better, but think about what you plan to do at any of the ports,etc.
I enjoyed: Cozumel for Chan.Park, and Belize we went to Goff's Caye- for beach&snorkeling fun.
Don't forget lots of sunscreen, and have a great cruise whichever you choose!
Brenda in Vancouver
Old January 19th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Passenger

Thank you for your replies, they are much appreciated!

I don't want to sound picky, but we are wondering about the pools/slides on each of the two ships. Does anyone know if there is any room for comparison? We will have several kids who will probably be spending most of their days there in the pool! So, the size of the pools will be a big issue.

Another question - about Camp Carnival on the two ships. Are there any differences in the two ships or is the camp pretty universal? Are they strict about the ages? My one year old will be be 3 months shy of two when we plan to go...will they allow her to go to the camp with my 4 year old? Also, do they take the younger kids in the pool? Do you all normally let your younger kids do things like that?

I have so many questions....many more to come!! This is a great website!!
Old January 19th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Passenger

I can't say about Glory either? But we did Miracle and loved ship and it did 75% of the same route as NCL Sun the Feb. b4. This year we took the kids 3-7-9 and they loved the sting rays with cavetubing.com and Yhony, he will take very good care of you and kids, 6 people per guide and wish I would have taken 3 yr old, he could have rode on my chest. Only 15 in our tour , 2 cave systems. Very good out fit. We did the sting rays with Native ways in G C , and was only 8 of us on boat, let kids steer cabin cruiser, a highlight also. Bookrd both as walk offs on shore at half of the $ the ship tours were and small groups. Costa Maya it rained but would have done beach day, And Coz, well trip was planned to go to Chunkanub park until "wilma" but had to go to Beach instead, was alright but no Chunk!! Hope that is reopen soon , would go back 2morrow. Ask and I can help if you like?
Old January 19th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

The slide on the Miracle was great. It doesn't end in the pool though. We also liked the pools.

I've found Camp Carnival to be pretty uniform on the ships. As far letting your almost two year old go, you would have to check when you get there. If they have a lot of kids most likely they won't, but if they only have a few they might.

Kids need to be potty trained to use the pool. I'm not sure about the kiddie pool and we didn't cruise with our kids when they were that little.
Old January 19th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Dar4960 Send a message via Yahoo to Dar4960

I was on the GLORY in Sept. 2005 and Dec. 2005, I personally love this ship. The cruise director Mark Price and his Assistant "Wee Jimmy" are some of the best that I have cruised with. We had so much fun on these cruises, especially the Dec. one. I found the staff to be top notch, one of the most friendly crews also that I've sailed with. I have made many many friends with the crew members and we stay in touch via email. I've done both Eastern and Western and I personally prefer the Eastern route. I hope this has helped you some.
Darlene
Old January 20th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Passenger

Thank you so much for all the info! I really appreciate it!
Old February 8th, 2006, 12:38 AM
First Mate

Default Small pool for toddler

I have never done this, but read other posts on it.
Yes a child must be porry trained to use pool.
A parents suggestion: A small blow up pool and add water to it. Sounds crazy --but great for on deck to keep them happy. I'd consider the pool a "one way item" meaning it is not coming home! Plus bring sand buckets and toys also a one way item--I read the dollar store comes in handy for this, much cheaper than ships store.

Leaves room for souveniers that way.
Also best suggestion--all suitcases need wheels, and bring an empty one, you'll need it!
Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Old February 8th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Admiral

I've sailed both the Miracle and Glory, but might not be as helpful as you'd like - I liked them BOTH for different reasons.

The Miracle is a "prettier" ship, a bit smaller and much easier to find your way around. The Glory is larger, seemed to have more bells and whistles.

Key West would NOT be my choice for younger children, but Grand Cayman (Stingray Excursion) would.

I didn't measure, but I think the pools are bit bigger on the Glory, and there is one more of them. Slides, I think, are about the same.

My son was older (teen), so I can't say much about the Camp Carnival program, but I saw the kids out and doing things on the Glory and didn't on the Miracle. One day there was an impromtu "parade" by the young kids. They were dressed in GREAT costumes and clown make-up. The "audience" of passengers they were passing cheered and clapped - the kids were thrilled!

Food is a tiny bit better on Glory, IMHO. They have the lovely fish and chips restaurant on the upper Lido deck.

Check out my 2 reviews (both under the name Dorothy) on the readers reviews for more details.

Have fun!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04