Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Category 11 suites

Have you stayed in one? Did you like it?

There will be four of us (Mom/Dad and a couple of kids). We've ordered the roll-away. I'm excited for the tub!!!! (and still can't believe I choose the tub over two rooms )

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2006, 09:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Been searching the interweb

for info.

It sounds like there are differences between the cat 11 suites on the different ships - some being larger than others.

We'll be on the Destiny - so far it looks good based on cruiser reviews. The suites are mentioned in the recent rennovations - that's a plus.

Well - any info would be appreciated - and thanks!
Old January 21st, 2006, 11:17 AM
Admiral

I don't know the square footage of this size feet, which matters the most to me. But last year there were three of us in a balcony cabin, we got the bed and there was plenty of room, both in the cabin and in closet space.
Carnival's cabins are among the largest in the cruise industry. I'm sure you'll all be quite happy.
www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Old January 21st, 2006, 12:43 PM
Admiral

You can go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/destiny.htm and see a sample room on the Destiny. It is approx 275 sq ft. We had this cabin on the Liberty and it was nice. Our long couch could pull out for a double bed. If that were done, there would be little walking room between the bed and couch/sofa bed. I don't know if you really need a rollaway unless they are big teens or older boy and girl. In the room we had 1 large closet, 3 large drawers under the tv area, a desk with more drawers and small side cabinets. Then in the dressing area, we had another large closet with shelves on one side, a vanity with more drawers but the best was the bathroom with a 2 sink counter!! The bathtub was narrow with sliding doors so it was nice not to have the shower curtain sticking to you. The tv has a dvd player so bring some movies to watch while relaxing or getting ready. Our balcony was long with 1 chaise lounge, a table and 2 chairs. Enjoy!

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 21st, 2006, 05:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Thanks!

That was a fun link.

When booking, I learned that the cat 11 had a single convertible sofa vs. the double convertible sofa in the cat 12. We've got a 15yo girl and a 10 yo boy - so, while it may be a little cramped in the evening, I think the pull out may be best.

I wish I could call upon the magic upgrade fairy and just get that cat 12.
Old January 21st, 2006, 05:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Family,

I think you will manage quite well in the Cat 11. The balcony will give you some extra space for the "guys" to escape to while the women are getting ready for dinner and vice versa.

I had a cat 11 on Carnival Legend and there was plenty of room. As Anne said Carnival has some of the largest cabins in the industry and the cat 11 will handle you fairly well.

Enjoy,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 21st, 2006, 05:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

We had 4 adults in a Category 12 on the Triumph, had the fold out sofa and the trundle bed (slides up under the other beds during the day). At night, when the sofa was out and the trundle was pulled out, space was limited, but we all fit nicely. I can't imagine that a Cat 11 is much smaller than a Cat 12, so provided they just use the trundle bed and not a rollaway, you should be fine.

Jodi
Old January 21st, 2006, 10:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks again all!

I'm wondering if you call for an upgrade - is it just the difference in the price of the new room now vs. what you paid or are there "special" prices to upgrade offered sometimes?
Old January 27th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Yeoman

We had a Cat. 11 suite on the Glory last fall. It was very nice. It include a seperate dressing room and a "real" bathroom with a nice sized jacuzzi tub. It was basically the size of a balcony room and a half. There was extra closet space int the dressing room. An additional closet in the bedroom and more drawer space. The seating area had a sofa that converted to a bed and 2 chairs and an extra table. The balcony was larger and had 2 deck chairs a table and a lounger. This was an upgrade for us we had booked a GTY balcony. I long for another such upgrade, but I doubt that will ever happen again.

Enjoy I am sure you will be pleased!

Conquest 9/03
Glory 9/04
Valor 4/05
Triumph 2/11/06
Old January 30th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the extra info on the suite.

We may be bringing three sets of gluf clubs with us, so it was nice to hear about the additional closet space.