Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2006, 01:30 PM
Beginner

Default Conquest Room Question

I recently won a cruise on the Conquest and am scheduled for February 12th out of Galveston. Our room assignment is Upper Deck - Room 6249 which is toward the front of the ship. Since my husband tends to get seasick, should we request a room toward the center of the ship - even if we are given a lower deck such as the Riveria? Or should we stay with the room assigned and he can take something for the seasickness?

I really enjoy reading this message board. Since this is only our second cruise (the first was on the Holiday 3 years ago) I have really learned a lot of valuable information. Thanks for all your input.
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2006, 01:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

LUCKY YOU!! I have never won anything - much less a cruise! Congrats! I'm jealous...lol. You can try to ask for a different room -- depending on availability. We were on the rivera once - it was great there too!
Old January 22nd, 2006, 01:44 PM
Admiral

Congratulations...It never hurts to ask. Maybe they can switch you with someone who booked a gty in the same catagory or even offer to pay a little more for an upgrade. But since it is only weeks away they might have made all the cabin assignments. I would also call your Dr. and get a prescription for the patch for preventable measures. Enjoy!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 23rd, 2006, 06:11 PM
First Mate

The wife also gets seasick easily. She did what a previous poster suggested and got the prescription patch. Worked splendidly. We were on the tenth deck, front of the ship. It rolled some and she said it was the best sleep she'd ever had. Have a great time. We're going for our fourth cruise on the Conquest Apr 2, and she doesn't even get the patch anymore, now that she knows whats going on. Tenth deck,again, front of the ship. #1010
Old January 23rd, 2006, 08:27 PM
Admiral

Vote #3 for the patch. I get sick thinking about the water - with the patch - nothing, nil, zilch, nada - well - you get the picture. I put off cruising for years because I was sure I would get sick. Our first was on the Glory - we had really big waves and a lot of green people (yes actually green!) bouncing off the bulkheads. I just swayed with the motion of the ocean and loved it.

And, as the previous posters wife can attest to - you will sleep like a baby. We actually had our heads lifting off the pillow because of the waves - it was fantastic. Our fourth cruise is coming up - also on the Conquest - can't wait. Here in Canada the patch does not require a prescription so we are lucky - much cheaper that way too.

We always try to get a cabin on the upper deck - the perfect location - right in the centre of things.

Enjoy your cruise - I can all but guarantee it won't be your last. And congratulations on your win. ENJOY!!!!
Old January 30th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Conquest cabin

As stated, you can always request a room assignment to mid ship. I just returned from sailing on the Conquest for the second time and have cruised on the Holiday twice as well (also Sensation and Fantasy). The Conquest is such a large vessel that you do not have nearly as much movement as the Holiday.

I have always used the prescription patch while others in my party used dramamine. The patch worked fine, but I felt bad for a week after I stopped using it. I was lethargic and very dizzy. This time, I opted for the dramamine and did not even take it every day. I bought the less drowsy, 24 hour kind and never had a problem. Whatever you use, start it ahead of the trip.

Hope you have as much fun on the Conquest as we have had.
Old January 30th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Passenger

Turkeyman....also on the Conquest 4/2/06, Lido deck 9233, see you at there.
Tom