CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Topless Sunbathing on Victory (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/307640-topless-sunbathing-victory.html)

ButterflyGirlNC January 25th, 2006 11:07 AM

Topless Sunbathing on Victory

I read that Carnival Victory offers topless sunbathing. Could someone tell me if it is a hidden area or if just anyone can go through or what? I want to make sure that while "exploring" the ship you can't just look over and get a free show. :shock: Any replies will be greatly appreciated! It is just topless, right?[/quote]

turkeyman January 25th, 2006 11:56 AM

What it's really called is a "Tops Optional" deck. It's located on an upper deck near the funnel. There is a sign posted next to the staircase, (ladder), that states "Top Optional Deck, No Camera or Video equipment allowed." It is adults only, and anyone of age can go up there. The wife and I spent some time up there last cruise, and found it's less noisy and a nice place to sun bathe without all the hoopla of the Lido deck. Occasionally there are a few "gawkers," but, let's face it, with 2-3000 people on board, what do you expect? I"ve read that every Carnival ship has this deck. Check it out for yourself and see if you're comfortable with their arrangement.

hschipper1 January 25th, 2006 11:56 AM

There is a topless are on the Victory. It's the deck kind of around the "whale tail" area. There are stairs from I think the Panarama deck going up to it. It's not clearly marked "topless sunbathing here", but there are signs on the stairs going up to this area that clearly state adults only. We couldn't see into the area from anywhere else on deck. There are tarp-type things around the railings, so that it wasn't just open for anyone to look into. Anyone can walk up the stairs and look if they wanted to, though there is nothing up there but the sunbathing deck, so doubtful someone would just stumble through while exploring the ship, unless they happened to miss the adults only signs!

ButterflyGirlNC January 25th, 2006 12:59 PM

Thanks so much....I was figuring it was women only and all nudies, but ok...I'm glad some people are fully suited....I know my hubby will want to take part in that one LOL

EMG January 25th, 2006 01:04 PM

I would recommend maybe you join him on the topless deck as sometimes it seems that guys are "labeled" if they roam up there alone. :roll:

ButterflyGirlNC January 25th, 2006 01:50 PM

I'm not joining him, b/c he is not going up there :D I am surprised they even allow that, oh well...to each their own...must not be too bad, kids are all over the place..thanks.I am beginning to wonder about Carnival...reading alot of bad things on here from previous cruisers. We'll see..... :-?

CA Cruiser January 25th, 2006 02:32 PM

ButterflyGirlNC,
Don't let a few people's opinions get you worried. For every 1 complaint there are hundreds of praises. All our Carnival cruises were great. Heck all our cruises were great. Sure there are things we could complain about but that would be true of any vacation. Go and have fun!

venice January 25th, 2006 02:36 PM

is that where the ship's webcam is located ? (VBG)..I agree with EMB, you should join him to prevent any misunderstanding...if you are worried about what he will see, he can see just about the same thing (if not more) on the lido deck...

go up there with him once and you won't have to worry about it for the rest of the cruise..make an issue of it and like most men we will find a way to get there on our own

ButterflyGirlNC January 25th, 2006 02:47 PM

Yeah, he doesn't even know yet :wink: I figured with kids all around the pool there would be some decency...hopefully no thongs or exposed body parts. I bet there are alot of "big kids" that go up there and get a hoot out of it...my hubby would snicker I know. I guess anyone of age can go up...big/small/ugly/hot.....it should be interesting. Glad I can hang with the rest of um! Thanks you all! :oops:

Roscoe January 25th, 2006 03:47 PM

The F deck is much more innocuous than you are making it out to be. On may last cruise I went up there 3 different times to, uh, er, take in the sea breeze and I never saw females up there exercising the top "optional" option.

UConn1 January 25th, 2006 05:53 PM

Note to those who do decide to go topless...make sure you are not in port next to a ship with higher decks than yours.

I know she was doing it on purpose, but in 2004 in Cozumel, we were on the Glory parked next to the Fascination or Fantasy, I can't remember, but a girl was up there, chair facing us, no top on, and up on her elbows to make sure everyone got a good look....most people were just laughing at her, but it did give us something to talk about.

Jodi

EMG January 25th, 2006 06:59 PM

I'm a photographer so I'm used to seeing boobs and bootie. I have nothing but praise for Carnival because if I wanted a "stuffy" vacation, I would go to the Hamptons or something.

My wife is very liberal and understands that we men "are" going to look at other women, just as women look at other men. Let a man walk by in a speedo, my wife and I will look at each other and literally read each other minds, like what did I just see!! The same happens when we see a large chest woman.

The F deck, although I've never been up there, is probably no worse than what your husband could find if he misspelled a website name and hit go!

Enjoy your Carnival Cruise, I know it was hard for us not too.

Irish Girl January 26th, 2006 04:24 PM

That's true, us women do look at the men. Especially if they are built well and good looking. I always get a good gander at those guys (and there are always some around) who wear the little banana hammocks and thongs by the pool.

I still remember that guy in the little purple g-string on the Spirit. :roll:

Deb76 January 26th, 2006 05:00 PM

just got off the victory last week,,,, and there were about 25 - 30 women laying out with their tops off,,,,,, and there were gawkers..... i just wanted to peek with my hubby and sure enough - lots of chair up there....

Prankster January 26th, 2006 07:47 PM

Hey Irish Girl, that was me in the purple G-String! Just kidding. lol
I have sort of a funny story about the topless deck on the Triumph. My wife and I went up there to take pictures of St. Maarten at 6:00 PM as we were leaving this port. Not a sole was up there but her and myself. An undercover security guy made us leave or put the camera away. Rules are rules I guess.
Dave
2006 Valor (Already Sailed)
2005 Triumph
1983 Carnivale

ButterflyGirlNC January 27th, 2006 08:04 AM

Great....my husband told me he'd kill me if I took my top off. Hopefully it will all be kept up there and not on the lower deck for all to see...those "banana hammocks" as you call them is nasty,lol...they are not sexy at all :oops: we will see..... lady who was on Victory.....was it very discreetly kept?THANKS :shock:

Fern January 27th, 2006 07:06 PM

Hi ButterflyGirlNC,

There will be women in thongs and men in Speedos at all the pools!

Many will be young and fit, but you'll also wonder if others even looked in a mirror before they bought their suits LOL !

Have a wonderful cruise, even if you have to cover the kid's eyes every once in while LOL

skymaster January 28th, 2006 05:50 PM

Every time we sail Carnival, I make it a point to trek up to the "Optional" deck to make sure the lovely Mrs. Jones isn't there! (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!) Seriously, it isn't a very popular spot on most cruises, however occasionally it will fill up. No big deal, as most of the people there are the ones who you wish would have stayed in the cabin.
What happens on the topless deck, stays on the topless deck!
Have a great cruise,
Ken