Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Passenger

Default Vacationstogo...anyone have experience with them?

We have several adults and children who will be going on a cruise for the first time...

Does anyone have any opinions about Vacationstogo for booking a cruise? I have talked with a representative from Carnival, but do not feel she is being as helpful as I would like.

I have looked on VTG's website and found that they have the cruise that I am looking for at the same price as Carnival's website. Do you think VTG would be of any more help than Carnival?

ANY info on this would be very appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Beginner

Default VacationsToGo

I used Vacations To Go to book my first cruise (coming feb 12 - carnival victory.) First I called and spoke with a representative - ***edited to remove advertising***. She was very helpful and answered all my questions as I knew nothing about cruising.

I then called her back and booked my first cruise. When my tickets and package arrived, everything was in order. I would certainly recommend her.

Lesa Vaughan
Old January 25th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Beginner

Good Day,

I have used Vacations to Go for two different bookings and one rep was recommended to me by several friends. Using his services has been a great expereince.

***edited to remove advertising***
Old January 25th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

I feel that when it comes to booking a cruise the agency makes very little difference. My family and I all used one agency and one rep. for years. It was really nice. She left the business years ago and we have never found one to really stick with. Now we pretty much just search around and play the pricing game until we feel that we have got the best price. The one atvantage to that site is that you can check cruise prices really quick without going thru a bunch of steps. Good luck to you.
Old January 26th, 2006, 07:02 AM
First Mate

Never used them, but have Priceline. and I was impressed how much my agent would call me back for no reason, just to check. My pvp has not been the greatest either, so I doubt I will book straight through Carnival again. Good Luck.
RC Grandeur of the Seas Oct. 2009
Carnival Liberty March 2008
RC Adventures of the Sea Feb. 2007
Carnival Liberty March 2006
Enchantment of the Seas June 2004
Monarch of the Seas March 2003
The Big Red Boat March 1997
Old January 26th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Vacations to go is just down the street from me. I get their newsletter each month and the prices are good. I have spoken to them on the telephone but prior to purchasing a cruise with them, I called the cruiseline directly and compare the prices. The prices are the same. So, I used the cruiseline rep to purchase the trip. I use vacations to go to get an idea about how much the trips are.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 26th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Beginner

Default vtg

My Family has used Vacations to Go for over 20 years and they are the best. The service is great and they have booked us on over 20 cruises. We love Jan at VTG but all of their agents are great.
Old January 29th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Passenger

Default Vacations To Go

I just booked a cruise thru VTG and I highly recommend them. They are very helpful. I leave on the cruise next week and can let you know if I have any problems but I don't expect any. They were very through and helped me search thru several options in cruising.