Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Passenger

Default Does it really make a difference????

I am trying to decide between the Elation and Miracle. I really think that I would like the ports better on the Elation, but the Miracle is a nicer/newer ship. Does anyone think it really makes THAT much of a difference about the "newness" of the ship? The price difference really isn't that much...

This is our first cruise, so am really at a disadvantage as to what I should expect. What is the MOST important issue to consider??? Keeping in mind that we will have children with us so we will be limited on our excursions. Should we go for the nicer ship or should we go for the ports? Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Admiral

I haven't been on the Miracle but I can vouch for the Elation. She is a clean, large ship, great employees and food, entertainment. She doesn't have any balcony suites but I don't know if the Miracle does or not itself.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 26th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Admiral

I think what mehawk meant to say about the Elation is that she doesn't have any regular balcony cabins as the new ships do but she does have over 60 Cat 11 balcony suites.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 26th, 2006, 03:49 PM
First Mate

I think what CA means is the Elation only has 26 Cat. 11 balconies and 28 Cat. 12 balconies. Total of 54 balconies. Been on the ship twice, you won't be dissapointed.
Old January 26th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I've been on the Miracle and the Inspiration. While the Miracle is beautiful, the Inspiration remains my favorite (I sailed on the Inspiration right before and right after the Miracle cruise). I wouldn't book a ship just for its newness. If you really prefer the Elation ports I would go with that.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old January 26th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Passenger

Thank you all for the advice...

Darcy,

What is it about the Inspiration that makes it your favorite?
Old January 26th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

The staff and the "feel" of the ship. Every time we've sailed her the staff are always upbeat and friendly. I've learned so much about other countries just from talking with the staff. While the staff on the Miracle were very nice, they were just much stiffer, for lack of a better word. A big part of cruising for me is interacting with the staff, talking about their countries and families back home, learning a bit about where they're from, etc., and I just didn't get that on the Miracle. My kids still talk about the waitstaff and room steward the first time we sailed on the Inspiration and that was three years ago.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old January 27th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Admiral

i would pick according to the ports of call, then pick the ship.
Old January 27th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Admiral

I think what they mean... . Just go and have fun!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 30th, 2006, 03:26 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

I would say pick for the ports and activities you want to do. While the Miracle is my second favorite ship, (second to the Liberty) I still say go with your heart and go where you want to go. All the fantasy class ships I have been on (Sensation and Inspiration) were great ships and very well kept, I can't imagine the Elation being any different.
Old January 30th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Passenger

Just got back from the Elation. Nice ship. Make sure the dates you are looking for, what the real ports are. Supposed to go the Playa and Cozumel normally. We went to Progresso and Cozumel. They have changed some ports for now.

Did the Elation's normal 7 day cruise in 04 and went to Progresso and Cozumel then. Supposed to do Belize too but they had transportation strike going on so we pulled up anchor and went to Playa instead. Been there before too and love the port.

So it just goes to show you never know so just roll with the flow. Had good times on all.

Elation- twice, differnt lengths and ports
Celebration- twice, differnt lengths and ports
RC-Rhapsody of the Seas- once