Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Passenger

Default Question for recent Port Canaveral Cruisers

My wife and I will be cruising on the Fantasy from Port Canaveral on February 12th and I have a question about embarkation time. On our past cruises we have always arrived around 11:00am and have not had any problems boarding at that time. When I mentioned this to our TA, she said that Carnival were stopping this practice and that we should wait until 1:30pm. Have any of you recent cruisers from Port Canaveral encountered this or were you still able to board early?
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Was on the Glory 12/17/05 from Port Canaveral was at the Port at Noon & on the Lido deck by 12:30 having lunch.
Old January 26th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Does anybody know what the boarding time is for the Glory?I read that same thing about arriving only 30 minutes prior to embarkment.
On the Carnival web page it explains the new rules.
Concerning security and the weather problems.

Georgia girl
Old January 27th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Beginner

Default Answer to your question

We have sailed the last couple of month and now leaving on the 4th on the Glory you can get on early. We get there a 9am and on ship by 11:00 very a problem....... Plus when you get on the ship they have lunch ready for you...... and DRINKS
Old January 28th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to XoXocruiseloverXox Send a message via MSN to XoXocruiseloverXox Send a message via Yahoo to XoXocruiseloverXox

I'm pretty sure you can get on but you may not be able to get in your state room. I got on early and had to carry my bag around but noone cared and you get an idea of what the ship is like
Old January 28th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Passenger

We sailed on the Fantasy on January, 22nd. We arrived at 11 - 11:30. Had no problems. Short Lines checked in walked on board.
On disembarkation the Fantasy did a general disembarkation where everyone just left the ship when they were ready. We left 8:45 - 9, short line and away we went.
When we traveled on the Glory we had to wait awhile they were still letting people off.
I suppose it all depends on how fast disembarkation goes.
The Fantasy was a nice ship and clean someone on board must really pay attention to the details.
Old January 29th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Passenger

Thanks, swatsea4...I think we will try for around 11:30 and hope for the best. I was also glad to see your comment on the Fantasy, since we will be on her Feb 12-16 and I was a little concerned that she might be showing her age.