Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Beginner

Default Cabin location advice needed for Miracle

My spouse, myself and our 17 year old are looking to book the Mar 19th sailing of the Miracle. I have been doing research and shopping around but am having trouble finding info on pros and cons of cabins on the various decks. Right now I am considering oceanview cabins on the Riviera deck (Cat 6A) or balcony cabins (Cat 7A) on the Empress or Upper decks. I am concerned about being near noisy places or highly travelled spots. Would love a really convient location. Is the Riviera deck too far away from everything? Any advice on decks or locations on ship (fore, aft, midships etc) greatly appreciated. We do not get sea sick unless it is really rough and then that is what Meclazine and sea bands are for! Are the balcony cabins really worth the extra $$? I know that is somewhat subjective but appreciate some points of view.

THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Delaware,
If you are concerned about noise, the best thing to do is look for a cabin that has both guest cabins above and below. Always having a balcony is wonderful, so if it fits in your budget, I bet you'd enjoy that. I find that the higher decks are closer to the buffet and or pool deck, where you tend to go often and there are usually elevators/stairs fairly close, and even if they aren't the walking is always good exercise since you will be eating more and more often than you normally do at home.

Have a great cruise!

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 28th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

When we sailed her we were on the Riveria deck. I found it was very quiet, except for the mornings we were tendering into port. I've stayed on the Empress deck on the Inspiration and really like it. It was close to everything and still quiet.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old January 30th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Our Miracle cabin was on the Main Deck center and the location was very quiet. Have Fun!
Old January 30th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Passenger

Default Miracle March 19

My husband and I are going on our first cruise March 19!!! We booked a balcony for our first time out and are really exicited. Look for us on board ahah. We'll be the ones covered in sunscreen and wearing many seasick bracelets!!!!
Old January 30th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Familiar Face

I've stayed on the Carnival Pride, a sister ship to the Miracle. I woudl avoid the cabins on Riviera Deck in front of the forward elevators, or behind the aft elevators as you are close to the cabaret lounge and the disco respectively. The category 7A cabins on Upper Deck are in ideal locations. although the balcony is tiny. Still worth it to go out onto the balcony and read a book as you listen to the sounds of the ocean.
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:43 AM
Beginner

Last Sept, we were on the main deck, port side right by the elevators. I thought being so close to the elevators might be noisy. Not at all. I also thought that nothing is to far on the Miracle. The lay out of the ship is easy to figure out. My husband says he will never sail again without a balcony, even if it costs a bit more. It was worth it. We had many enjoyable times out there.
I know I would have had a great time no matter where my room was.
That's why we are sailing again this year. What a great habbit!