Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Beginner

Default WHy cant you...

Why cant you have 5 to in inside stateroom?No Im not crazy.We went on our first cruise 2 yrs ago on RC(Majesty of the sea)We were a family of 4 them and got an inside stateroom. It was small but we managed. Now We are a family of 5 and my youngest will be 2 yrs old when we go on the Valor. We needed to go the cheapest route and got 2 inside staterooms on the empress deck. But, the more I think about it, its like I feel like Im being ripped off because my 2 yr old will end up sleeping with me. Hence not really needing an extra bed.
Have you ever heard of 5 to an inside stateroom on the Valor?
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Admiral

its all in how the cabins are configured. Most basic staterooms are designed to accomodate 4. The biggest reason is space. You can call your travel agent and see if there are any accomodations for 5 in a standard stateroom.It would be a roll-away bed, and there would be no floor space when the bed was set up. You would be climbing over eachother. I am not sure if Carnival has family staterooms, if they do,i would look into that.
Old January 30th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Admiral

It's true about roll away beds, you couldn't move across the room. Carnival's older ships have cabins that hold up to five, but Valor is one of the newest in the Carnival fleet and not configured for that.

You're not being ripped off. All cruise lines have to set some limits to cabin occupancy. But I'm sorry their limits don't work for you. Royal Caribbean has "family cabins" on their newer ships and I suggest you check these out for your next cruise.

By the way, I sailed on Valor and had a fabulous time. Beautiful cabins (even inside), excellent food, service and entertainment.
www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Old January 30th, 2006, 12:43 PM
First Mate

I would think that safety is the issue. In an emergency, it would be harder to get five out of a cabin than four. Even on land we have limits on the occupancy of public rooms.
Old January 30th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are a family of 5 on our next cruise (11, 15, 17) and plan to do two cabins side by side. Believe me - the benefit of the second bathroom is more than worth it...we priced suites - but would be double the price and not as much room....not sure anything else would work for us!