Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Passenger

Default activivtes for 15-17 yr olds

Hi i am currently a Club o2 director on a vacation from working the Carnival Triumph if you are you taking a Carnival Cruise in the future and have any questions about the teen club or Club o2 feel free to ask me. Club o2 is a program dedicated for only 15-17 yr olds

Happy Cruising
-marcus-
Carnival Triumph
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2006, 03:13 PM
First Mate

I will be traveling on the Carnival Spirit with teen-ager who will not turn 15 until 3 weeks after we sail. Will she be able to do the 15 - 17 club? The other two girls going with her will already be 15.

Thanks,
Kathy
Old January 30th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Passenger

yeah pretty much if the 14 yr old is at least 3 months from turning 15 we usually as directors dont care, makes sure you ask the club o2 director on your ship if it is ok..im pretty sure that it should not be a problem

-Marcus-

MS Carnival Triumph
Old January 30th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey Marcus....I've read about the clubs on the boats for the teens...do they have drink specials (virgin of course)? My daughter loves virgin strawberry daqueries and is excited about being able to order them on the boat...in the club I'm sure it will not be an issue - but on the rest of the boat - are they careful? We had a friend who ordered a virgin (she simply does not drink) and she got the real thing. She was okay with it and stuck to sodas the rest of the time...but with the kids....oh my!
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Passenger

On most Ships the teen club has a full working bar and a waiter that serves the teens cokes and Virgin drinks. The bar department does a really good job in knowing who is under 21, they can get fired if the serve drinks to a minor...

check the pictures of Club o2 in the photo gallery

-Marcus-

Club o2 director Triumph
Old January 31st, 2006, 02:19 AM
Beginner

My daughter just turned 18 but is still in high school.
Will they allow her to go to the club o2 next week?
Old January 31st, 2006, 10:49 AM
First Mate

Marcus,
Thanks for taking the time to answering our questions, and giving us a heads-up on the teen center.

Sorry we won't be sailing with you, we will be on the Spirit.

Kathy
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:34 PM
Passenger

Default 18 yr olds in Club o2

its one of the hardest topic to answer with a kid being 18 and still in high school, being 18 on ship is a huge advantage they can do and go to almost anything on the ship, being 17 is like being 7 on cruise ship. At our conference we decided that as long as the 18 yr old can prove that there still in high school then we dont have a problem with it
Old February 2nd, 2006, 03:56 PM
Beginner

Hi!!! I am 17, and I was wondering what types of activities that there will be to do? I will either be on the Victory or the Triumph... Thanks in advance!!!

Deebee29
Old February 3rd, 2006, 02:10 PM
Passenger

Club o2 has tons of activities for your age, with tons of games, late night movies and of course your very own teen dance club there will be alot of things going on for you..im not sure when you are going on ships but if you are going around spring break there should be around 200-350 teens on any of the ships. the most important advise i can give you is to meet and make freinds, if you choose to be a hermit crab and isolate yourself from everybody else you are going make your cruise miserable. Trust me if you are somewhat of a outgoing person you will meet tons of 15-17 yr olds and you will have a kick ass time...i wll be working on the Triumph from March-aug.....

happy sailing...anymore questions let me know, or go to the teen forum on this web sight

-Marcus-
Club o2 Director
carnival Triumph
Old February 8th, 2006, 12:15 AM
First Mate

Default Club O2 on Miracle?

Just wondering if the Miracle has been updated to include Club O2?
ID so is there a moderator for it? Again the question--
can a 14 yr old cruising in April and turning 15 in June,particiapte? Being 5'11 and in highschool hard to fit in with 12-14 yr olds. Thanks for any info on who may be on board the Miracle. Any way we can get a guess on number of teens on board??

I know last summer on Destiny he just hung out and friends found him in internet lounge. Funny--most of the kids hung out in "cigar bar" adjacent to interent lounge--two rooms that should really be logically be separate more. (Bar was usually vacant of adults late at night.)
Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Old February 8th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Passenger

I dont know much about the Miracle, but i do know that the Miracle does have a club o2 room, If your 14 yr old is turning 15 within 3 months we really dont have a problem with it, make sure you ask your director to make sure that is ok...im not sure what the number is april will be but i would guess around 120-180, 15-17 yr olds,
The club o2 ont he destiny was built about 7 months ago, so there is somewhere for the teens to go hang out

-marcus-