Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Beginner

Default Opinions of Inspiration's W.Caribbean cruise

Our family is considering taking the april 1st cruise to G. Cayman and Cozumel on Inspiration. Will have two 11 yrs. and one 16 yr. kids and two adults in one room. Would be 1st cruise experience - any advice, reviews?
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

711 - we did this same cruise November 26 of last year. It was incredible. The ship is beautiful, easy to navigate and well cared for. Food was excellent and something for everyone. Pizza is terrific - teens will love it and available 24/7, hot deli bar, indoor buffet is tasty with many selections plus desserts, other side is usually "a taste of..." with cuisine from different areas (mexican, asian, indian, american) and the pool side buffet is more casual with hotdogs and hamburgers readily available for those not wanting to cover up from the pool.

We have 14 & 16 year old - they did not go with us - but will on next one and plenty for them to do. I would not hesitate to let them have a little more than normal "freedom" within limits. There are plenty of spots on the ship to just walk around and be entertained. If buying "packages" do it on the first day when specials are offered (spa, internet, etc.) we paid $16.50 for 30 minutes of internet time on day two - it had been nearly half price on deparkation day!

If teens are girls - make sure to attend the shopping talk - LOTS of giveaways during the talk plus coupons for port shopping - FREE diamonds international bracelet... I can't imagine anyone not having a great time!

Rooms (we had OV on upper deck) are spacious with lots of closet space - we had beds pushed together which was fine for us - but not so great if you like walk around room....beds were super comfy - best sleep we've ever had! If you have questions - just ask.
Old January 30th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

I totally agree with the above post. The Inspiration is my favorite ship!
Old January 31st, 2006, 10:12 AM
First Mate

8)
Cruised on Inspiration last October. She is one of my favorite ships.
Excellent food, great service, very clean ship with bright colors. Shows
were very good. Inspiration might be a little older, but you would never
know it when you see her. Embarkation and debarkation are a snap
at the Tampa Port. Try this cruise, it will give you a great experience.
Happy Sailing...........
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I've sailed the Inspiration twice, both time with kids (10-15), and to date she remains my favorite ship. I did write a review both times. You can find it on this site under Ship Reviews, Reader Reviews, Carnival, Inspiration. I don't think you can go wrong with this ship. The only thing I would suggest is two cabins. You'll find it really tight with just one for 5 people. The first time we went there were 5 of us (2 adults and 3 kids) and we did two inside cabins. The price difference was only about $150 and the second bathroom was invaluable. The 2nd time it was me and 3 kids. We put the four of us in one room and while it was tight, it was doable. The biggest problem was the bathroom and all of us trying to get ready.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:58 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Take this cruise. We have considered several times of cruising again on the Inspiration Not for the destinations, but just to be on this ship

When we sailed on her in 2001, that whole week was remarkable That was one cruise I could've stayed on board for a back to back cruise.

Happy sailing;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old January 31st, 2006, 02:01 PM
Admiral

regarding Cozumel, keep yourself updated on the hurricane repair process, lots of things are not up and running yet. I am sure that a lot will be ready by April 1st. Check with the Cozumel Board of Tourism, your travel agent and Carnival.