CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Opinions of Inspiration's W.Caribbean cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/308016-opinions-inspirations-w-caribbean-cruise.html)

711sfj January 30th, 2006 04:49 PM

Opinions of Inspiration's W.Caribbean cruise

Our family is considering taking the april 1st cruise to G. Cayman and Cozumel on Inspiration. Will have two 11 yrs. and one 16 yr. kids and two adults in one room. Would be 1st cruise experience - any advice, reviews?

js2003 January 30th, 2006 08:33 PM

711 - we did this same cruise November 26 of last year. It was incredible. The ship is beautiful, easy to navigate and well cared for. Food was excellent and something for everyone. Pizza is terrific - teens will love it and available 24/7, hot deli bar, indoor buffet is tasty with many selections plus desserts, other side is usually "a taste of..." with cuisine from different areas (mexican, asian, indian, american) and the pool side buffet is more casual with hotdogs and hamburgers readily available for those not wanting to cover up from the pool.

We have 14 & 16 year old - they did not go with us - but will on next one and plenty for them to do. I would not hesitate to let them have a little more than normal "freedom" within limits. There are plenty of spots on the ship to just walk around and be entertained. If buying "packages" do it on the first day when specials are offered (spa, internet, etc.) we paid $16.50 for 30 minutes of internet time on day two - it had been nearly half price on deparkation day!

If teens are girls - make sure to attend the shopping talk - LOTS of giveaways during the talk plus coupons for port shopping - FREE diamonds international bracelet... I can't imagine anyone not having a great time!

Rooms (we had OV on upper deck) are spacious with lots of closet space - we had beds pushed together which was fine for us - but not so great if you like walk around room....beds were super comfy - best sleep we've ever had! If you have questions - just ask.

cherylroy January 30th, 2006 10:42 PM

I totally agree with the above post. The Inspiration is my favorite ship!

Cruisingbears January 31st, 2006 10:12 AM

8)
Cruised on Inspiration last October. She is one of my favorite ships.
Excellent food, great service, very clean ship with bright colors. Shows
were very good. Inspiration might be a little older, but you would never
know it when you see her. Embarkation and debarkation are a snap
at the Tampa Port. Try this cruise, it will give you a great experience.
Happy Sailing........... :!:

Darcy January 31st, 2006 11:41 AM

I've sailed the Inspiration twice, both time with kids (10-15), and to date she remains my favorite ship. I did write a review both times. You can find it on this site under Ship Reviews, Reader Reviews, Carnival, Inspiration. I don't think you can go wrong with this ship. The only thing I would suggest is two cabins. You'll find it really tight with just one for 5 people. The first time we went there were 5 of us (2 adults and 3 kids) and we did two inside cabins. The price difference was only about $150 and the second bathroom was invaluable. The 2nd time it was me and 3 kids. We put the four of us in one room and while it was tight, it was doable. The biggest problem was the bathroom and all of us trying to get ready.

David West January 31st, 2006 11:58 AM

Take this cruise. We have considered several times of cruising again on the Inspiration :!: Not for the destinations, but just to be on this ship :!:

When we sailed on her in 2001, that whole week was remarkable :!: That was one cruise I could've stayed on board for a back to back cruise.

Happy sailing; :D
David

LisaK January 31st, 2006 02:01 PM

regarding Cozumel, keep yourself updated on the hurricane repair process, lots of things are not up and running yet. I am sure that a lot will be ready by April 1st. Check with the Cozumel Board of Tourism, your travel agent and Carnival.