Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Passenger

Default Hotels in Tampa Question ?

I was wondering we will be flying in a day before our cruise leaves and what is the best and cheapest hotel that includes airport transfers adn Port transfers? Also is it worth it to pay $10.00 per person for a shuttle to a hotel 5 miles away from the port?($40.00 total) orr cheaper to get a cab or taxi?

Thank Yu!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2006, 10:14 PM
First Mate

I was looking for the same thing and what I have learned is, unless you stay at the more expensive places (ie. over $150/night), there are no free shuttles both to/from the port and airport. Some of the expensive places may still only have one or the other (depending on thier distance from one of the areas).

Taxis have a flat fare of $20 to and from the airport and port. I called the taxi companies myself to make sure. So definitely cheaper for you guys.

We ended up booking the Best Western Westshore for $75 (includes tax) for the one night and it happens to include a shuttle to/from the airport (which isn't saying much seeing as though it's like a mile away). We'll have to take a taxi to the port the following morning but that's fine.

Wer're still looking for a post-night hotel and prices seem to be so much higher now than 2 months ago when we booked the Best Western

Waters
Old February 5th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Shuttle Service

There are very nice hotels within a mile of the port. Anything down town is close to the port. Hyatt down town has shuttle service. If you go to priceline you could possibly get the Hyatt at a cheap rate. Embassy Suites is also close to the port and I believe they have shuttle service too. Harbor Island is not as close but not as far as West Shore to the port, I don't know the name of the hotel there. If you contact a hotel in Tampa ask them if they shuttle to the port. I think there are probably more than a couple of hotels that shuttle to the port for free. The Radisson down town used to shuttle for free too. The hotel has changed hands. I think it is now called the Tampa hotel (on the Hillsborough River). I have not seen the rooms, but the interior of the hotel is very attractive. This hotel is also a mile from the ship located down town.

Life is good in Tampa. Come on down.
Old February 6th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I booked the Doubletree Westshore on Priceline for about $50 a night and they offer a shuttle from the airport and to the cruise pier.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03