Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Passenger

Default Passport Not Required Yet Right ?

Going on Valor April 30th 2006 its not required that we have a passport right? we can still use birth certificate and id and my sisters 13 and 8 just need birth certificate and my mom id and birth certificate thanks in advance James
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

New rule not effective until the end of the year - but if your not 100% certain - just give a call to your TA or cruiseline (if you booked direct) for assistance.
Old February 6th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Thats correct Your safe until the end of the year.

Happy Cruising;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old February 6th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to chosen175
Default YAY!!!!

i went ahead and got my passport anyway. nothing is going to keep me off this boat if i have to swim out to it and climb up the side with toilet plungers attached to my hands!!!!

by the way, i'm on the same cruise as you guys.... 83 days to go!!!

-Lisa

Carnival Valor April 2006
Contemplating a cruise wedding in 2010
Old February 7th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well,
There is a few others heading out on the same cruise. We have a forum under people / single (we are not all singles) and look for Valor Pinkie Reunion Cruise.... We are a few people that have met on these boards before and are cruising again since we had so much fun last time. Take a peak if you want and introduce yourself.....

Carnival Valor Western Carribean 04/30/2006
Old February 8th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Apparently the government has (again) managed to muddy the waters so that no one understands what is really required.

Family and David: You actually don't have to use a passport until 2008. See the post below from the state dept:

"The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 requires that by January 1, 2008, travelers to and from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada have a passport or other secure, accepted document to enter or re-enter the United States. In order to facilitate the implementation of this requirement, the Administration is proposing to complete it in phases following a proposed timeline, which will be published in the Federal Register in the near future.

This is a change from prior travel requirements and will affect all United States citizens entering the United States from countries within the Western Hemisphere who do not currently possess valid passports. This new requirement will also affect certain foreign nationals who currently are not required to present a passport to travel to the United States. Most Canadian citizens, citizens of the British Overseas Territory of Bermuda, and to a lesser degree, Mexican citizens will be affected by the implementation of this requirement. "

I still heartily recommend that everybody get one BEFORE then, but it's not required at this point.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old February 8th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

This is what Carnival states:

What are the new passport requirements?

On 9/2/05, the U.S. State Department revised the original proposed "Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative." The proposed rules will require ALL U.S. and Canadian Citizens to carry a passport (unexpired) for travel to or from certain countries/areas that were previously exempt. This includes children and infants.

The proposed implementation is as follows:

* December 31, 2006 - Passport required for all air and sea travel to or from Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean and Bermuda. Note: This will affect guests traveling on cruises that return to the U.S. after 12/30/06.

* December 31, 2007 - Passport required for all land border crossings as well as air and sea travel. Note: This will affect guests traveling on cruises that return to the U.S. after 12/30/07.

Once the proposed rules are finalized - either in their current form or a modified form - the cruise industry will communicate that information to our travel agent partners and guests. In the meantime, individuals with future travel plans that would be affected by the proposed new rules are strongly encouraged to obtain a passport now.

You may print a passport application or get additional information from the government on this subject by visiting: http://travel.state.gov/passport

Read and post cruise reviews

Old February 11th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Passenger

Default Re: YAY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen175
i went ahead and got my passport anyway. nothing is going to keep me off this boat if i have to swim out to it and climb up the side with toilet plungers attached to my hands!!!!

by the way, i'm on the same cruise as you guys.... 83 days to go!!!

-Lisa
Me too!! Maybe we'll run into eachother! Can't wait!

Carnival Liberty February 2008

Carnival Celebration '07
Carnival Valor '06
Carnival Holiday '05