Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default got this fax from

carnival today

Important Notice
Inspriations 5 day cruise
may 8 2006 to april 28 2007

Dear carnival guest
Great news! we will be operating our scheduled itinerary calling on cozumel from 9:00am to 6:00pm . For our saturday cruise departures starting may 13 2006 to april 28 2007. we will call on cozumel on tuesday, and for our monday cruise departures starting may 8 2006 to april 23 2007, we will call on cozumel on thursday.
thank you for choosing carnival for yor vacation ect. ect.

we are going on may 13 and it was suppose to be in cozumel from 9:30 to 8:00 so i guess they are shorting the time we are there..did anyone else get this fx?
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Admiral

No,but interesting
Old February 9th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Familiar Face

Hi,

I will be Cruising on the Inspiration on 2/13 and when I originally booked the crusie, we were scheduled to be in Cozumel from 9:30 AM until 8 PM. But they have changed it to arriving at 8 AM and departing at 6 PM.
Old February 9th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

The time in the evening is shortened because the piers are no longer there due to the hurricane, and partly still on the bottom of the sea. After dark it is too dangerous to tender in and out Cozumel, the risk of damage is too big.

Have a great time!

Read and post cruise reviews

Old February 10th, 2006, 12:59 AM
First Mate

Did I miss it? Which ship?
I have seen several posts where port times have change... also letters from Carnival that in some cases the port itself has been changed to Costa Maya. I just read that the Glory is going to Costa MAya until April '07....rumors about the Valor as well...
Karyn
Old February 10th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

the ship is the Inspriation.
thanks jacqueline, It now make sence, I didnt realize the danger after dark..
Old February 10th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Familiar Face

I just booked the Valor back in Jan. for May 14th. My fax receipt from Carnival included the itentiary and Cozumel was still listed.
3 Holland America cruises
1 Celebrity cruise
Old February 10th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

This message you can find at the Carnival site:

Itinerary Update – February 6, 2006
We have finalized our itinerary changes for Western Caribbean cruise departures through April 30, 2007. We will visit Cozumel on selected ships and offer alternative ports on other itineraries as follows:

Fascination 4 Day from Miami: These cruises will visit Key West (Tues.) and Cozumel (Wed.)

Imagination 4 Day from Miami: These cruises will visit Key West (Fri.) and Calica (Sat.)

Holiday 4 Day from Mobile: These cruises will visit Cozumel (Sat.)

Holiday 5 Day from Mobile: Monday cruises will visit Cozumel (Wed.) and Calica (Thurs.) and Saturday cruises (except 4/1/06 & 4/15/06) will visit Costa Maya (Mon.) and Cozumel (Tues.)

Holiday 5 Day from Mobile: Saturday cruises of 4/1/06 & 4/15/06 will visit Costa Maya (Mon.) and Calica (Tues.)

Inspiration 4 Day from Tampa: These cruises will visit Cozumel (Sat.)

Inspiration 5 Day from Tampa: Monday cruises will visit Grand Cayman (Wed.) and Cozumel (Thurs.) and Saturday cruises will visit Grand Cayman (Mon.) and Cozumel (Tues.)

Ecstasy 4 Day from Galveston: These cruises will visit Calica (Sat.)

Ecstasy 5 Day from Galveston: Monday cruises will visit Progreso (Wed.) and Cozumel (Thurs.) and Saturday cruises will visit Cozumel (Mon.) and Progreso (Tues.)

Sensation 4 Day from New Orleans: These cruises will visit Cozumel (Sat.)

Sensation 5 Day from New Orleans: Monday cruises will visit Calica (Wed) and Cozumel (Thurs.) and Saturday cruises will visit Costa Maya (Mon.) and Cozumel (Tues.)

Carnival Miracle 7 Day from Tampa: These cruises will visit Grand Cayman (Tues.), Cozumel (Wed.), Belize (Thurs.), and Costa Maya (Fri.).

Carnival Valor 7 Day from Miami: These cruises will visit Grand Cayman (Tues.), Isla Roatan (Wed.), Belize (Thurs.) and Costa Maya (Fri.)

Carnival Victory 7 Day from Miami: These cruises will visit Costa Maya (Tues.), Grand Cayman (Thurs.) and Ocho Rios (Fri.)

Carnival Glory 7 Day from Port Canaveral: These cruises will visit Key West (Sun.), Belize (Tues.) and Costa Maya, Mexico (Wed.)

Carnival Conquest 7 Day from Galveston: These cruises will visit Montego Bay (Wed.), Grand Cayman (Thurs.) and Cozumel (Fri.)

Carnival Triumph 7 Day from Miami: These cruises will visit Cozumel (Mon.), Grand Cayman (Wed.) and Ocho Rios (Thurs.)

Carnival Liberty 6 Day from Ft. Lauderdale: These cruises will visit Freeport (Mon.), Grand Cayman (Wed.) and Costa Maya (Thurs.)

Carnival Liberty 8 Day from Ft. Lauderdale: These cruises will visit Costa Maya, Mexico (Mon.), Limon, Costa Rica (Wed.) and Colon, Panama (Thurs.)

I hope this answers some of your itin change questions.

Happy sailing!

Old February 12th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to chosen175
Default valor's schedule

ok, i got a letter through my ta dated 12/19/05 that says...

"dear travel agent: we will need to change our itinerary because cozumel has sustained damage due to hurricane wilma. the carnival valor 7 day cruises scheduled to depart on sunday january 18, 22; february 5,19; march 5,19; april 2,16, and 30, 2006 will call at costa maya, mexico from 8:00am to 5:00pm instead of cozumel."

the stinky part is that our cruise (4/30) is the last one scheduled for costa maya instead of cozumel. or at least it was at that time. who knows? they may change their minds. again.

hope this helps

Carnival Valor April 2006
Contemplating a cruise wedding in 2010