What happens to all the people who got stuck in the big blizzard on the eastern seaboard? Are they all going to have to play catch the ship at the next port?? Or is Carnival holding ships as long as they can and still amke their itineraries???
We had two full days warning this huge snowstorm was coming. It would only have affected Sunday or Monday embarkations. I would have been on the phone Friday making arrangements to get out of town by Saturday night. The storm started here in Ma. at dawn today (Sunday).
This is also why you should fly in the day before your cruise, if possible.
Celebrity Century 1/09
Carnival Destiny 10/07
Carnival Destiny 9/06
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
if they did not make it to the departure port on time, it is up to the passenger to get to the next port of call. They will not hold the ship. That is why it is so important to have travel insurance, and to fly in the day before departure. People had plenty of warning on this one to make alternative air arrangements.
We cruised on the Glory in 2004, the day after Hurricane Charley ravaged this area. We live in Orlando, so our travel was only hampered by some local heavy traffic. The ship arrived in port on time, and we were on board by 12:30. However, we did not leave the port until 8:30pm due to waiting on passengers who were flying into the area. Airports were on very limited schedules and some were closed. Carnival waited on the majority of the people, but I know some didn't make it - we had a table of 8 at dinner just for the three of us.
The ships will wait longer for passengers who booked their air through them, but I am not sure how long they will wait for those who did not.
A few years ago we flew from Boston to Florida with a connection in Charlotte for our cruise that day. A snow storm was coming any minute. When we lifted off we were so relieved until we landed in Charlotte. Ice was everywhere and we never expected that Charlotte would be this bad.We waited two hours for conditions to clear and luckily made it to the ship on time. We'll never again go down the same day we cruise.