Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Comfort Bed System?

We've sailed on 3 cruises, but not since Carnival started its new "Comfort Bed System."

Can anyone tell me if these beds are acutally that much improved over the old beds? I assume they have these on the Valor as well.
Valor Westside!
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Admiral

I'm not absolutely sure of this, however I've been told that they are going to the same beds that are used on the HAL ships. If this is true, they are absolutely GREAT! They are called "Eurotop" mattresses, Sealy I think, and really are comfy. In fact, you'll probably be looking for one for "home use" when you return. I'm told that they are on all the newest Carnival ships now, and will be installed on all Carnival ships by the end of 2006. I hope this is correct, as IMO the beds were the best thing about our HAL cruise last year.
See you aboard,
Ken
Old February 13th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

I've only been on 1 cruise on the Miracle. I can say that the beds were wonderful. The best mattress I've slept on, and the pillows and duvets are also comfy.
Old February 13th, 2006, 05:12 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Eaky77

I fell in love with the bed myself. The bedding was so comfy, it really made my stay a lot nicer. I actually just got a brochure from a friend of mine on how to buy the stuff. I may have to think about it, it is wonderful! I usually get very warm with down, but this kept me very comfortable!

Enjoy your cruise!

Erin
09-24-06 Destiny
10-02-05 Valor My favorite yet!
10-23-04 Triumph (Honeymoon of my dreams)
12-24-94 Holiday
Old February 13th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Passenger

Yes, they have this on the Valor. It was the most comfortable bed ever! I dug out the extra pillows that they had under the sofa in the drawers and made it even more comfy.

Miracle - February 2008
Liberty - November 2006
Valor - January 2006
Destiny - January 2005
Old February 13th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Anyone know if they have this bedding on the Trimuph yet? There is a link from carnival web site to buy their beeding.
Old February 13th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Captain

Popeye,

Yes the new Comfort Bedding system is on the Triumph. We sailed on the Triumph Jan 21 and they new beds are great! I checked Carnival's website to see what the cost is to purchase the sheets and comforter. They are definately an improvement!!

AKcruiser
Old February 13th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

The mattresses are thicker than other cruise ship mattresses and are rather firm....the sheets are very fine quality and not scratch at all and the duvet is just heavenly! Got off the Liberty on Sunday and am missing the sheets and duvet, I like my mattress at home better though.

Edited to add - this is the first cruise that I have been on where the beds that have been pushed together to make a queen/king did NOT push apart! It was wonderful!
Old February 14th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Admiral

www.carnivalcomfortbed.com/ link to Carnival bedding
Old February 16th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Passenger

Does anyone knows if they have the comfort beds in the Pride??
Old February 17th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Does anyone know if the beds are on the Glory yet? We sail in April - and have never had a bed that was bad yet on Carnival - most likely because we are exhausted by the time we hit the sack! .. I wish they would have fans on the ship tho - especially in summer cruises - as I had a hot room once and it was miserable. So, I am sticking to winter/spring cruising.
Old February 18th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Admiral

how much can we attributed to the bedding system and how much is really the fact that we are on the water..I wonder if a portion of our comfort is all in our minds due the fact that we are on vacation in a place that we want to be ?

has anyone actually purchased a bedding system since their cruise and had the same satisfaction sleeping in your own bedroom without the benefit of the motion of the ocean

i think if you purchase a bed system they should throw in a cd with the sounds at night of a carnival cruise
Old February 18th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Oh my gosh -- what an awesome suggestion! And...get a box on the side of the bed to turn on and off to put WAVE motion effect in place! And don't forget a little clip on the CD for the night life on Lido ---- Hot Hot Hot Calypso! Makes me want to hop on board now!
Old February 18th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Admiral

and then in the morning when you go to your kitchen for breakfast, when you come back to your bedroom, your bed is made and your room is cleaned..yea that's the ticket...I think we are on to something about cruiser satisfaction regarding these comfort beds
Old February 18th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Venice...I see you are from New Orleans! I was born and raised in Gretna (Timberlane). How did you make out during the hurricane. They should start sailing out of N.O. with the larger ships in October I believe. Its nice because it is closer (2 hours for me now)...but I enjoy going out of Galveston (get to blue water faster). I was getting tired of seeing muddy water of the Mississippi for the trip down to open water.
Old February 18th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Admiral

thanks for asking, I actually live in La Place..some roof and siding damage and alittle water in my front window which ruined my rug and 5 shingles off my house..biggest loss was my job with the n.o. school system, but all in all I'm great

yep..cruise ships coming back staring in october
Old February 18th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

When you ladys get this bed program together with Carnival that includes the sea motion, auto made beds, and cruise sounds I will order your first truck load. I am leaving on the Pride next sunday and am hoping that they have the Comfort Bed System. Gosh, I cant wait. 8)
Old February 19th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Hello Venice. Trust me. It's the bed!!!! Yes, we do sleep a lot better on any and all cruises, however, you'll agree as soon as you experience the new beds. They are absolutely great.
Now, about that CD. Why would you want a cd of nice water sounds, punctuated by blairing announcements about the BINGO jackpot rolling over again, and somebody has GOT to win it soon?
Old February 19th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Admiral

I was on the Conquest last November and slept on the bed and loved it..I was on the HAL Zuiderdam a year ago November 2 months after my back operation (spinal fusion) and the combination of the new bedding and the hydro therapy pool enabled me to get the first good night sleep in over 2 years prior to the operation and at the beginning of the cruise I had my back brace and cane and at the end of the cruise I was dancing and did not need the cane

not even my poor GF complained that I slept like a baby for 7 straight nights

I'm actually considering purchasing the Carnival product and seeing if my doctor will write a prescription for me to get it as a medical deduction
Old February 19th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Admiral

Good idea! I can't wait to go --- but back to the original question -- are the beds on the Glory yet??