Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Passenger

Default Triumph/Port of Miami questions/car rental questions

Hi everyone, we have just booked our next cruise, an Eastern on the Triumph on August 26, 2006. I have everything set but was wondering whether it would be better and/or cheaper to rent a car at the airport and drop it off at the port or if we should just take taxis. I've rented a hotel room at South Beach for Friday night and our flight gets in early in the morning on Friday. I don't really plan on doing much but hanging out at the beach but still. . . Can anyone recommend a rental company with a drop-off at the port, preferably with a shuttle?

Thanks!

Suzanne
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Passenger

bump
Old February 22nd, 2006, 05:15 PM
Passenger

bump once again
Old March 1st, 2006, 08:05 PM
Passenger

From past experience you do not want to drive in Miami, there will be plenty of taxi's and shuttles at the airport to get you where you are going.
If you think they are asking to much for the fare ask to see the price, they all have one and have to go by it. In most cases the same driver will pick you up at the hotel the next morning and take you to the pier. Ours took us to the hotel, the next morning to the pier and the next week back to the airport. You can adjust the price to the pier.
Old March 1st, 2006, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

There are no car rental outlets at the pier in Miami. And if you don't want to tour Miami Friday night, no need for a rental.

The cab fare from the airport is a set fare per cab (not per person). Think it's around $25. And a taxi from South Beach to the pier may be about $15 -$20.
Less hassel than dealing with rental returns.

Now if you want to use the rental Friday, there's a different story, and I can recommend some rental co. with offices not too far from the port.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:07 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
There are no car rental outlets at the pier in Miami. And if you don't want to tour Miami Friday night, no need for a rental.

The cab fare from the airport is a set fare per cab (not per person). Think it's around $25. And a taxi from South Beach to the pier may be about $15 -$20.
Less hassel than dealing with rental returns.

Now if you want to use the rental Friday, there's a different story, and I can recommend some rental co. with offices not too far from the port.
Thanks! We found a place that will let us rent at the airport and return at the pier, with a shuttle to the pier. With an 11 year old, and all day in Miami, we figured having a car would be a good idea. The price was reasonable so we went for it.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:16 PM
Passenger

Default Can you give me the company name?

Hi, I wanted to book RCI Freedom of the Seas out of Miami in the near future and have sail out of Miami. I read your text "We found a place that will let us rent at the airport and return at the pier, with a shuttle to the pier. With an 11 year old, and all day in Miami, we figured having a car would be a good idea. The price was reasonable so we went for it."

Can you give me the name of the rental company? I may need to rent car in Miami too ( I am from Atlanta). My emial: lifenbeach@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Have a great cruise! I am cruisin'on Labor Day.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 04:07 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Can you give me the company name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfeeji
Hi, I wanted to book RCI Freedom of the Seas out of Miami in the near future and have sail out of Miami. I read your text "We found a place that will let us rent at the airport and return at the pier, with a shuttle to the pier. With an 11 year old, and all day in Miami, we figured having a car would be a good idea. The price was reasonable so we went for it."

Can you give me the name of the rental company? I may need to rent car in Miami too ( I am from Atlanta). My emial: lifenbeach@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Have a great cruise! I am cruisin'on Labor Day.
Hi, just sent you an email. We are cruising the week before you, getting back 9/2. Can't wait! This will be our 3rd cruise, 2nd on Carnival.