Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Repeat cruisers party

Our last cruise was our first with Carnival. We sailed with my in-laws who secured two additional tickets to the past guest party. I just found out that we will be having good friends on our next cruise (in 9 days!!!) and I'm wondering how I might be able to do the same for them.

Anyone else ever get extra tickets to this?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Oft times you can ask the CD if it is possible to have a couple members of your party attend. Most of the time they will say yes. Do it ahead of time to avoid being turned down at the door.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 17th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

What's the past guest party and how do you get tickets?
Old February 17th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Administrator
Admiral

If you have cruised with Carnival you will automatically be invited. There will also be a questionnaire, placed in your cabin, sometime in the early part of cruise that you will fill out. You will put the number of Carnival cruises on that and you will receive an invitation to the repeaters cocktail party.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 18th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Admiral

Yes, and if you are or can make it, don't miss it!!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 18th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

So, is this something like the Captain's cocktail party?
Old February 18th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

There are a few discrepancies in the above replies.

Carnival has a Past Guest party on every cruise five nights or longer. This party is in addition to the Captain's Cocktail Party (which everyone can attend).

You will receive a printed invitation (not tickets) in your cabin, along with a ship's lapel pin. (The pin may be handed to you at the door as you enter the party - it varies.)

In all my Carnival cruises, I have yet to see any type questionnaire in the cabin about being a past guest. Your information is already on file in the computer.

ONLY past guests should attend. However - If you have only one other guest cruising with you, then you can ask the purser if he/she may also be issued an invitation....but please don't ask for more than one person to join you.

Unfortunately, too many people are doing this, thus making the party room overly crowded - and past guests don't enjoy the parties as much. This isn't fair. Your guests actually should wait until their next cruise - when they have 'earned' the privilege of attending the party. Surely they can amuse themselves elsewhere on the ship for that short time...?

About the Past Guest party - It's a very nice way to spend about 45 minutes of your cruise. Complimentary hors d'oeuvres and cocktails are passed around on trays, and there is also a bar if you want a different type drink. The Captain and Cruise Director attend the party. The Captain makes a little "Welcome Back" speech, and usually draws an invitation or two out for bottles of champagne. A combo will be playing, and some people dance. A little 10-minute video of the "History of Carnival" is shown, which is very interesting, and people applaud when the ships on which they have sailed are shown.

I hope this explains the Past Guest party. Enjoy!

14 Carnival cruises
3 Princess cruises
2 HAL cruises
2 NCL cruises
3 RCL cruises
All fantastic voyages!
Old February 18th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Admiral

ah Bluechef..nice explanation..been on the Conquest heh?
Old February 18th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you for the information. I hope I will be able to attend the party.
Old February 18th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Is it a formal affair?
Old February 19th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, I've been on the Conquest. I've been on almost all of Carnival's ships. Carnival is, by far, my favorite cruiseline.

No, the Past Guest party isn't formal. The parties are usually held somewhere close to dinnertime, and people are usually dressed in what they will wear to dinner. However, I've been to some parties that were held around 5pm, others 7:15, 8:00, and one as early as 3:30 - which was really bad timing, I thought.

I've spoken to several Cruise Directors. They don't decide when and where to have the PG party until the ship has sailed. There are variables, and they decide what location, etc. is best. Of course, since the PG party is not announced in the Capers (ship's daily newsletter), you will only know when you receive the invitation. Enjoy!

14 Carnival cruises
3 Princess cruises
2 HAL cruises
2 NCL cruises
3 RCL cruises
All fantastic voyages!