Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Captain

Default Fantasy questions

I swore I would not book another older Carnival ship, ie.
Sensation, Fantasy, but was just talked into a group cruise
on the Fantasy in October.

I was on the Sensation 2 yrs. ago, and it was in not very
good condition...even having an odd odor in the hallways.

Can anyone tell me how bad or good the Fantasy will be?

Thanks. Lou
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

I considered booking this ship for my next cruise (we ended up with Elation) so I did quite a bit of research. I remember reading that this ship was completely refurbished last summer/fall. There are some very good photos in the photo gallery.

Monarch of the Seas - December 2006
Elation - April 2006
Sensation - May 2005
Old February 18th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Fantasy

I have sailed on this ship a few times. The last time the ship had been refurbished. Each time that I have sailed on the ship the service has been excellent. I didn't have any complaints with the cruise or the ship.
Old February 18th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Captain

Does anyone know for sure if the Fantasy was refurbished?
What did it encompass?
Old February 18th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Here is the article from Carnival concerning the refurbishing ...

MIAMI (Sept. 30, 2005) – Carnival Cruise Lines’ 2,056-passenger Fantasy recently underwent a multi-million-dollar refurbishment and emerged with a host of new and updated features and facilities, including new photo and art galleries, a nine-hole miniature golf course, and completely renovated health and fitness center.

The upgrades were completed during a 21-day scheduled dry dock that took place in Norfolk, Va. The Fantasy resumed its year-round schedule of three- and four-day Bahamas cruises from Port Canaveral, Fla., yesterday.

“The Fantasy – with its myriad on-board amenities and convenient and affordable Bahamas itinerary – is already a popular ‘Fun Ship’ vacation option with consumers. With these new enhancements, we’ve made a great ship even better with a host of new and expanded features,? said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

One of the most noticeable enhancements is in the ship’s 12,000-square-foot Spa Carnival, which has been completely revamped and now features 11 private treatment rooms, including two couples massage rooms, a new relaxation/waiting room, as well as updated equipment, new carpeting, tile work and other cosmetic enhancements.

Featured on Sun Deck is a brand new nine-hole miniature golf course providing guests of all ages with a fun and exciting outdoor diversion.

Along Empress Deck is a new art gallery that is home to the line’s popular art auctions where guests can bid on a variety of pieces by the some of world’s most famous artists.

Other enhancements include a new photo gallery on Promenade Deck providing guests with an easy and convenient means for selecting their favorite photos taken during their cruise, as well as upgraded audio/visual equipment in a variety of public areas. These enhancements are in addition to a variety of cosmetic upgrades that include new tilework, carpeting and upholstery throughout the vessel. Updated galley and laundry equipment has also been installed to enhance guest service.

The recent upgrades follow a 2003 drydock which included the installation of a new lobby bar, a renovated promenade and updated cabins.

The Fantasy entered service in 1990 as the namesake vessel of Carnival’s “Fantasy-class,? which, with eight vessels, is the most successful series of cruise ships ever introduced.

1st Cruise Fantasy 2004
Old February 19th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Captain

thank you for the article Kytten Kat...I appreciate it
very much.

Now does anyone know if the staterooms have had anything
done to them? The new comfort bed?
Old February 22nd, 2006, 08:49 AM
Beginner

Hey Lou.....I'm fresh off the Fantasy (got back Sunday). The rooms went through a rehab. too. New comfort bed/bedding....nice and cozy. Also the furniture/closets are now a wood grain (like the newer ships). The bathrooms were also redone and new carpeting in cabin. I believe the carpeting throughout the ship has been replaced. They put a bar in the main lobby of the ship on Empress deck (level you embark on). Promenade deck was also redone. I think the first phase of the rehab was done in 2003/2004 and the second phase was done Sept. 2005.

I found the ship to be clean throughout. The staff were great too. The food in the dining room was average (was what I expected for a 3 night cruise).

We had an AWESOME time......hope you have the same.