Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2006, 03:55 PM
First Mate

Default What does the supper club extra cost include?

We would like to try Nick and Nora's on the Miracle but would like to know what that includes so we don't look/act/say something stupid while there

So, here goes:

Is the food unlimited like the rest of the food on the ship?
Are any drinks included? IF so, which?
Is tip included? If not, how do you tip on something like that? One doesn't know the true bill total......?

Thank you to anyone who can help!
Waters
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Cost is $25 per person.

Drinks and wine are extra.

Tip is not required but you are free to tip if you feel like it. Especially if you order drinks and wine. You will receive a "bill" at the end of the meal and you can add a tip to that, if you wish.

I have ordered an additional appetizer or an additional entrée to share with my wife but not at a Carnival alternative dining venue.

The alternative dining restaurants do require a jacket for men.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 18th, 2006, 04:49 PM
First Mate

Definitely try the alternative restaurant for a first class dining experience which is even better than normal dining room with upscale china,first class service and a totally differeny selection for menu choices with your own intimate dance music Pick a night that is not the formal nite in the main dining room and dress code should be a coat for the man and appropriate wear for the woman.Drinks are an added expense as everywher else on the ship.tipping is a personal thing however we always have tipped in the $5-10 range and split between the two waiters if two working your table.Since this is a 5 course meal you will have more than you can eat with all the courses to inlude very large portions on the main entree.When you get on the ship go and check out the menu and decide on the nite you desire and make a reservation for your choice of table.believe me you will enjoy and come away hungry.
Old February 19th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Big apple, did you mean to say you would not go away hungry??

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 19th, 2006, 12:46 PM
First Mate

Sorry,my mistake.No way you will come away hungry.When we were on Spirit they had tied themselves in with Joes Stone Crabs in Miami and what a treat this was as there are few places you can even purchase these special crabs at any restaurant and those who serve them are very expensive.My overall opinion is if you want something very special or celebrating an event you will not find any better than this occasion.Do not let anyone tell you that the food is the same as the dining room because there is no comparison.Bon Appetite
Old February 19th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Not to go off thread but as an FYI: There should be an "Edit" box at the top of the thread that is visible to the original poster of a thread. You can change any typos using that option. I use it about 10 times a day.

I have NEVER gone away hungry in an alternative dining restaurant. If anything I have had to turn down food. It is an experience that I actually encourage everyone to try at least once.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 19th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

On the Spirit the cost was $30/person - includes only food - and we tipped extra. I think they do get part of the tip pool, but with the service being excellent, better than most land based upscale restaurants, the food being far better than the main dining rooms, and never coming away hungry, I usually still tip an additional 20%. So an extra $6 on the cost, then another 20% for wine and drinks. Even still, I come out far better than a night at Morton's or Ruth's Chris (which usually runs about $100 for just me) and the food is just as good, if not better.

Jodi