Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Beginner

Default Newbie Questions

Hi there,

We're going on our first cruise March 9th on Carnival Legend. I have some questions I hope you can help me with:

1. When will I get my room number? Will it show up online at Carnival.com or just on the paperwork that is mailed out?
2. Is there WiFi access on board for my laptop? Any idea how much it costs?
3. I don't see a spot on Carnival's website to indicate a dining preference. Do I have to call them directly to change that?
4. Is room service included or is there an extra charge for that?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Victoria,
Did you book a guarantee cabin? If so, you can find out when your docs arrive or on the CArnival web-site when one is assigned to you. As for dining preference, you should of let the travel agent know when you origionally booked, if you don't get the one you want, just go see the Madre'd when you arrive.

Yes, room service is included in your fare, but you should tip the person who delivers it a few dollars, depending on how much your order.

If you did book a specific cabin, that should certainly be on your docs.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 20th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaZ
1. When will I get my room number? Will it show up online at Carnival.com or just on the paperwork that is mailed out?
2. Is there WiFi access on board for my laptop? Any idea how much it costs?
3. I don't see a spot on Carnival's website to indicate a dining preference. Do I have to call them directly to change that?
As Donna said, if you booked a guarantee you should receive your room number with your documents or at the pier. Usually, the later you receive your cabin number the better your chance that you have received an upgrade but it isn't a sure thing.

On Carnival Legend Wi-Fi access is available in The Library, Legend Café, Piano Bar and Satchmo Lounge. The cost is:
250 minutes for $100.00
100 minutes for $55.00
33 minutes for $25.00

Your dining preference should have been communicated by your agent when booking the cruise. If you don't have the dining preference you want you should contact the Maitre' D as soon as you board and ask to be switched. You can check your boarding Carnival Capers as soon as you board to find out the Maitre' D's location.

Room service is included but you should tip the person who brings it a couple of dollars when they bring the order.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 20th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Beginner

Thanks so much for responding. You rock!
Old February 20th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Newbie Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaZ
Hi there,

We're going on our first cruise March 9th on Carnival Legend. I have some questions I hope you can help me with:

Since you obviously booked a 'guarantee' cabin, there is a possibility that you won't know until you reach the terminal. Sometimes, you can find out on the website, sometimes not. If you do not know your cabin number prior to going to the port, the porter holding the manifest (at the luggage area) will be able to tell you, and will also give you the correct luggage tags.

Did you book directly through Carnival or an outside agency? If outside agency, Carnival will not 'interfere' with your booking, and you'll have to direct all questions to your booking agent.
Whomever you booked with should have asked what your preference was. NO requests are for certain, however. You won't know for sure until you receive your Sail & Sign card at check-in, and the dining room, table number, and time will be embossed on your card.
You can check with the Maitre d' once on board if you'd like to request a change.

There is no addiitonal charge for room service food and most beverages, with the exception of alcoholic drinks and soft drinks. Please do tip the delivery person $1 of $2 for each delivery.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Enjoy your cruise!

14 Carnival cruises
3 Princess cruises
2 HAL cruises
2 NCL cruises
3 RCL cruises
All fantastic voyages!