CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   POLL - Do you enjoy Carnival's Dining Staff Entertainment (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/309499-poll-do-you-enjoy-carnivals-dining-staff-entertainment.html)

Kuki February 23rd, 2006 11:03 PM

POLL - Do you enjoy Carnival's Dining Staff Entertainment

Do you enjoy the nightly shows? ... wish they would stop? want them to cut back?

Deb D February 24th, 2006 08:55 AM

Wish they would STOP! It would be nice to have soft music playing which I think would create a more 'upscale' ambiance to the evening dinner. Or at least once or twice during the week. I just really look forward to a relaxing dinner without some one jumping up on a table wearing a wig. But to each his own. I know I have the option of not attending the dinner room dinners but LOVE the food and food presentations in the dining room.

mehawk February 24th, 2006 09:34 AM

Keep it up!!! I love it!!

Carnival Vincent February 24th, 2006 10:19 AM

I like the nightly shows in the dining room very much. Ok if they do it every other day, I can live with that. LOL
On my last Transatlantic cruise, there were only a few nights with the real show’s with loud music and dancing. But there were also nights that one of the waiters was singing a beautiful song, with brought a very nice ambiance too. On the other hand I wish that the play other music during diner. They only played real classic music. An than at the end of the diner when it’s “Showtime? they play the more disco stuff. What a change !

But I defiantly gone miss the “show times? if it stops. It’s part of the FUN onboard a Carnival Cruise ship. And I like that !

Vincent
Cruise History: 1990 Mardi Gras, 1993 Jubilee, 1998 Imagination, 2002 Fantasy, 2003 Carnival Spirit (panama canal), 2004 Carnival Triumph, 2005 Carnival Liberty (transatlantic)

venice February 24th, 2006 10:43 AM

first timers on Carnival will love it...repeat crusiers will wish it were cut back if not cut out or something else in it's place

the last time I went, my best friends who had never been on a cruise loved it and I enjoyed it thru their eyes and comments

they may think about doing a full performance at a special midnight buffet, so those that want to see it can

reverendjeff February 24th, 2006 11:20 AM

Oh, That's what that was... Entertainment.
I can take a little of it, but not with every meal.

runner15km February 24th, 2006 11:47 AM

Please, not on formal night. The purple wig clashes with the tux.

Brenda in Canada February 24th, 2006 12:58 PM

I think once or twice on a 7 night cruise would be more than plenty.
I actually feel a bit embarassed for the less-outgoing employees to have to do that.(Some employees do get into it though.) They are wearing nice serving outfits. I think it looks a bit tacky when they do it.
I was actually going to write a letter to Carnival to suggest cutting back on the number of times they do that, but never did. We actually only suffered through it a couple of nights as we had finished our meals and left before the 'fun' began. Even my daughters thought it a bit strange. We did get up and dance on the last night with our sweet Assistant Waitress-felt sorry for her. :oops:
But I am glad at least some people enjoy it.
Brenda

Harry Martin February 24th, 2006 01:57 PM

For fear of sounding like a fuddy-duddie, I always cringe a bit when it starts. But I definitely think the newer folks to Carnival enjoy it.

Harry

UConn1 February 24th, 2006 05:58 PM

We usually leave before it starts. I could handle it a couple of nights, but everynight is just too much.

Jodi

Rick&James February 24th, 2006 08:18 PM

i dont mind them maybe once during the cruise but not every night or more than twice

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...67c8/event.png

Rperini3 February 24th, 2006 11:11 PM

I think a few night's on a 7 day cruise would be OK. But not every night

galvgal February 25th, 2006 10:24 AM

It always appears as though staff has enough to do without taking time to gather the forces to entertain us. Dinner itself is an entertaining event on the ship and then there are shows and activities after dinner.

If Carnival wants it to continue, don't take the staff member away from his tables, entertain while offering service. Most of our servers have always been very entertaining anyway.

I must admit tho....I do like the last nite rendition of...*leaving on a jet plane*... LOL

Anyway...that's my two cents worth of opinion. :-?
galvgal

Will February 25th, 2006 10:48 AM

I enjoy it,but I can tell the waiter,and his/her assistant does not.Some look at it as the monkey on the chain of the Grinder sort of thing though.In other words they have no chose.

live to cruise February 26th, 2006 03:09 PM

I loved the dining room shows on the Liberty!!! There was a beautiful solo one night. Different than the dancing on the tables. Also a group called the Fab 4. The staff seemed to really enjoy this or else they were doing a really good job of faking it.
I think each ship is different.
If you don't want the shows go on Holland America or Celebrity.
I don't recall those lines having shows in the dining room.

Jacqueline February 26th, 2006 03:53 PM

I wish Carnival would go back to 2 times in a 7-days cruise. I can handle that, although I rather have it stopped.
Uconn said she leaves before it starts, but on the Liberty you had no change, if you order deserts they let you wait for that because of the entertainment, clever timing. Entertainment every night :(

BlueChef February 26th, 2006 04:35 PM

Although I really prefer fine dining in a quiet atmosphere..... I suppose ONE night would be ok. It gets very, very old. However, for newbies to cruising, it's probably very entertaining. In the OLD days of cruising Carnival, there was always only ONE night - and we kinda looked forward to it.....but this every night business really makes me -almost- want to go to the buffet, but of course I won't. LOL

Sometimes, I can tell the waiters are really dreading this nightly ritual. They may smile and laugh through it, but I feel sorry for them, being 'put thru their paces' every night.

caribbean dreams February 26th, 2006 07:29 PM

I like the entertainment and 2 night is fine with me, the real problem that i have is that it is the same entertainment on every ship every year. I think i know it by heart and think i could probably run the show myself.

Dorothy February 26th, 2006 10:48 PM

Enjoyed it the first time; liked it a best less the 2nd; was slightly annoyed by it (because it slows down the arrival of my dessert 8) ) on the 3rd - or at least wished it wasn't every single night.

dorothy

AnnieBabie61 February 27th, 2006 02:17 AM

It might be more fun if you...

I was on the Valor at Thanksgiving time. My husband and I were seated at a private table. We left the dining room when we were done the first evening. Didn't know about the entertainment. I tried to get my husband to stay the 2nd night. I really did enjoy the last evening rendition of Leaving on a jet plane. Clever. :)

It might have been more fun to enjoy if we had been seated with other guests at a bigger table. :roll:

Back in 1986 on the Holiday, the entertainment was when the waiters brought out the evenings desserts. Flaming Baked Alaska! I thought the evening displays were great 8) Maybe they should start that again or switch off between the 2. I also remember a evening that it was like Mardi Gras in the dining room. :D

wakedreams March 4th, 2006 01:59 AM

LOVE it!! It isn't a Carnival Cruise without it.
They could cut it to 2 or 3 nights and I would still be happy though.

:) better than pizza in front of the TV!!