Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Passenger

Default What to do in Key West, Costa Maya and Belize with a Toddler

this is our 3rd cruise, but first with a toddler. we have 3 teens going as well, toddler will be 21 months old at the time of sailing in November. Can anyone make some suggestions for Key West, Costa Maya and Belize? We were thinking shopping, walking and lunch in Key West as we heard dock is walking distance to these things? For Costa Maya someone suggested Uvero Beach being toddler friendly. And, for Belize we were thinking ruins...we saw ruins in Cozumel and very much enjoyed that.

Anyone agree, disagree or have other suggestions to offer up?

thanks
Rob and Lynn
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

They have the glass bottom boats in Key West. Toddler might enjoy that.
The booth to book the boats is to the left of the ship when you get off, just walk down the street a little ways and there is a booth there to purchase tickets. My grandchildren loved it!
Old February 24th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

In Costa Maya I would go to Majahual (sp). There is a very nice beach there and its only about 2 miles from the port. Uvero Beach is about a 30-40 minutes bus ride away and to be honest we didn't like it as much as Majahual. You can take a taxi to Majahual or rent a golf cart. When we were there the golf carts were $15/hour.

In Belize we did the excursion to Goff's Caye. Your older children could snorkle and the toddler play on the beach.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old February 25th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Passenger

thanks for that info, I like to stay with the cruise line offerings only becaues I am terrified of trying to do it on my own. NOticed you are sailing Monarch, that was our honeymoon cruise ship in 2002, I think it was redone recently.