Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Passenger

Default Long Beach Hotel

Hello,
My family and I are taking the Pride out of the Canival Long Beach Cruise terminal On June 11th, 2006. I am looking for a nice hotel with pool and restaurant to stay in overnight.

My last cruise out of LA was on NCL Star and we stayed at the Sheraton San Pedro, and I won't go into the details but the place was terrible.

I am considering the Westin Long Beach.

If anyone has any other ideas feel free to speak up.

Thanks,

Rick
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Rick - I stayed at the Westin in Long Beach pre-cruise and do recommend that hotel! The Heavenly Beds are wonderful!!! There is an onsite restaurant and bar, and there are some stores in adjacent buildings that have some take out (like salads, pastries, etc.) You are also very close to the big downtown attraction (the name escapes me at the moment though.) Just a tip - go online and join the Starwood Preferred Guest program - gets you an automatic upgrade to a preferred guest floor and the ammenities you decide you want when you join (like what you would like to have in your room for snacks, etc.)
Old February 27th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Passenger

Hi, we went on the Pride last month and stayed the night before at the Best Western of Long Beach. The price is right, around $140 for a two queen room and parking for the entire week of the cruise, but the hotel doesn't sit in the nicest area of town, but we didnt have any problems! They have just recently done a complete remodle! We would probably stay there again if we cruise out of Long Beach again!
Old February 27th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Rick - I stayed at the Westin in Long Beach pre-cruise and do recommend that hotel! The Heavenly Beds are wonderful!!! There is an onsite restaurant and bar, and there are some stores in adjacent buildings that have some take out (like salads, pastries, etc.) You are also very close to the big downtown attraction (the name escapes me at the moment though.) Just a tip - go online and join the Starwood Preferred Guest program - gets you an automatic upgrade to a preferred guest floor and the ammenities you decide you want when you join (like what you would like to have in your room for snacks, etc.)
Thanks Lisa....that's the way I am going to go.

Rick