Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Passenger

Default How close to the sail date does CCL assign cabin #'s?

We are leaving for the Valor April 30th and I am wondering how soon I might know our cabin number. We went with a guarantee oceanview this time so I am watching for the upgrade fairy to visit.

Thanks for any information.

To the Cruise,
Heather
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Right up to the day your sail. We used the Kelly Method to find our room number two days before sailing. We had booked an inside guaranty. We still had the inside, but on the Empress deck vs the Rivieria deck. When we got to the pier we found we'd been upgraded to an oceanview!!
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old February 27th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Your cabin can be assigned right up until sailing but I think many are assigned about 7 weeks out. This is just what I think but here's why. I am part of a rather large roll call on another board. Several of the other members of the roll call booked guarantee cabins. Before we reached the 7 week mark, most of the inside cabins were sold out but there were lots of balcony cabins left. All of a sudden, most of the balcony cabins disappeared and a bunch of inside cabins appeared. About the same time, some of our roll call members who booked guarantees started seeing their cabin numbers by checking Carnival's website. I think they did this by pretending to order gifts. I suspect the reason for all the balconies disappearing was because that's when Carnival starting doing the upgrades and assigning cabins. About a week to 2 weeks later, we all started getting our docs with the cabin numbers. I don't think anyone got TBA tags but I know that some people do. Long story short, I think Carnival assigns many cabins just before printing the docs and they are usually sent 4-6 weeks prior to the cruise date.

Liberty 12/02/07
Miracle 03/26/06
Pride 03/03
Holiday 03/87
Festivale 07/85
Old February 27th, 2006, 07:27 PM
First Mate

45 days from sailing
Old February 27th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Passenger

HeidiHo

That makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for the information ya all. Gonna have to start watching those cabins. 8 1/2 weeks to go till I am heading for Miami.

Heather
Old February 27th, 2006, 11:31 PM
First Mate

We're sailing on 4/23 and I just picked up my cabin assignment today by logging into the Carnival website. It's 55 days out. It was not available to me 2 days ago.