Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendjeff
Thoth, Sounds like you are getting beat up a bit here. I do nhot care for comics who have no act without spewing filth. I do however enjoy some amount of foul lanuage if it supports the dialouge and does not dominate it.
As for the wording "Adult" I find that humorous in itself. We call it adult, go in to the club at midnight, keep the teens away, and then proceed to use very juvenile observations to make us laugh.

To each his own, but let's call it what it is. Instead of "adult comedy" would you go if it was billed as an hour of talk and put downs about body parts, noises, and sexual acts? Furthermore, would you do this at home? Are your standards lower at sea?
Before anyone gets huffy with me and fires back to attack, give me a few minutes, I am busy down-loading, "adult" photos from another website.
That's thie kind of thoughtful responses that I was looking for. For some reason some take it personally, and that was never my intention. By the way, I'm not a total prude myself, but there are limits. At home I attempt to keep some standards in what movies I rent. On TV I'm needless to say more History Channel than MTV. Flammers don't seem to able to see that they are in fact proving my point for me in a sense. They are inadvertently saying " the comedy is mean spirited becouse we are mean spirited and we like it that way".

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old March 6th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:
'm simply stating that I don't think obscene shows have a place on Carnival Cruiseline
The problem, just like on land, is who is deciding what's "obscene", and what's just a bad act.

I've seen acts that were terrible, and just walked out, as I would in the main theater if the show was bad. And I've seen some very talented "late night comics" who's material was just too racy for the showroom.

We should all excercise the right to express our opinions, with our prescence and our comment cards.
Thanks for the thoughtful response. 8) I did mention the comedy on my comment card, along with all the good things. Keep the comedy of course just keep it somewhat classy like the rest of the ship.

/ticker.png">
Old March 6th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Is "adult" comedy really necessary ?

. Having worked in customer service, I can assure you that they simply THOUGHT it while pretending to agree with you for the sake of diplomacy.[/quote]
Actually they are thinking something like...eich zdern clakka yastenhach, which we are better off not knowing the translation. I don't think I want to know what the staff is thinking sometimes.

/ticker.png">
Old March 6th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Passenger

I've always enjoyed a bit of "risque" comedy but the first time I went to an after-hours comedy show, I was appalled by the lewdness and vulgarity. However, I know that the cruiselines would not continue to feature them if cruisers weren't interested. To each his own. I usually skip them unless I hear from someone in the know that it is a pretty funny show.