Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2006, 10:56 PM
Beginner

Default Help with choosing between Carnival Conquest, Glory or Valor

Hi. Has anyone cruised all 3 of these ships? I have taken at least 7 cruises, but not on these particular ships, but am planning on taking 3 friends on a cruise in June or July who have never cruised before. After trying to decide between this and a Princess cruise, we have finally narrowed it to these 3 ships, but still not sure eastern or western yet either. My main feeling on choosing Carnival was I have cruised Princess before, and it is a great cruise line with beautiful ships, but they seem very low key, and Carnival seems to just have a much more happy, lively environment, and I think they would really enjoy the midnight buffets, singing in the dining room, etc that Princess just does not have. Is there a huge difference between these 3 ships? Any suggestions or tips would be so appreciated and wonderful. We are in our 30s going on a girls trip without hubbies and kids. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2006, 11:39 AM
Beginner

check the valor slide show on this page by a fellow cruiser....very good!!

Also check cruiseclues.com for ship info,reviews,pictures,etc.

This site has alot of reviews by experienced cruisers that helped me choose the valor. Sailing on april 23rd(eastern)...

good luck on your quest

cb
Old March 3rd, 2006, 05:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

All girl cruise thats great!!
We are doing the same thing again in may on the Glory.
Left the hubbies home last year and will again this May, somebody has to stay home and WORK feed the dogs and cats while we gone....
Have Fun Girls!!!!!!

Georgia girl
Old March 3rd, 2006, 06:00 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBXRAY
check the valor slide show on this page by a fellow cruiser....very good!!

cb
Thanks for the neat compliment on my slide show.

Here is the link:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalbum.html?bm=92920

After the slide show starts, and it may take a while to get the server going, right click on the slide and click full screen. It is really neat that way.
I had a great time on the Valor Western Caribbean. It was my first cruise, so I can not speak for the other ships, but I just loved everything about the Valor.

Larry

Valor Jan 8, 2006
Triumph May 12 2007
Triumph November 3,2007
Liberty November 22, 2008
Miracle March 4, 2010
Glory Jan 16, 2011
Spirit Sept 11, 2012
Fascination September 22, 2014 Kansas Concert, Nassau and Little Stirrup Cay
Old March 6th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default all of the above

We've been on the Victory, Conquest, Glory and are going on Valor in May, simply b/c we loved these 3 so much we wanted to go again on a similar ship. Feel free to read my reviews of the Conquest and Glory -- I'd do any of these again in a heartbeat. It will likely come down to price and iteniary, but as far as the ships, you can't beat any of them.
Valor Westside!