Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2006, 01:53 PM
Passenger

Default Liberty Concerns

So I've booked a cruise on the Liberty having read some wonderful reviews. As my sailing date looms closer all I can find now are terrible reviews! The service is bad the food is bad, its too crowded, the excursions are no fun! Now I'm really stressing out! This will be my first cruise and I have no idea what to expect but I'm fearing the worst! Has anyone else sailed on the Liberty lately? Can anyone reassure me that this is going to be a dream trip and not a nightmare?
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2006, 02:49 PM
Passenger

Don't know where your reading all this negative info but we've been on the LIberty 2 times so far and we're scheduled for 4/1 sailing and can't wait. We had a great time, and you will love it.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 03:46 PM
Admiral

We had a nice time on a beautiful new ship. Our only problem was the service in the dining room. Stay on top of that and you'll be just fine. Hey, you're cruising...not working...how bad can it really be! ENJOY!!!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old March 3rd, 2006, 04:27 PM
Passenger

A vacation is what you make of it. Go with that in mind, relax and have a great time. Was on her in December, everything was wonderful. I wish I was on her right now!!f Don't stress, it'll be a vacation of a lifetime. You'll be wanting to pull out your credit card asking if you can book for the next sailing!!
Old March 3rd, 2006, 04:41 PM
Admiral

You can be the unlucky recipient of poor service anywhere, a cruise ship is no exception. We were on the Liberty in November, and on our first night we had terrible service in the dining room, but hey I am not one to let that spoil my entire trip. I am also not one to suffer in silence. I went to the Maitre D and we openly discussed our issues and he relocated us to a new table on the opposite end of the dining room and we never had another problem with that. I observed other issues that needed attention, however, there were no issues large enough to ever disuade me from sailing the Liberty again. I'd go again in a heartbeat.
Old March 4th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Passenger

I was in the silver (aft) dining room on the 2-18 cruise.. The service was slow on the captain's party night when they opened a little late. By the end of the week it was fine. You cant expect to eat in 20 minutes like most places. they are feeding 1000 people ast a time. The only galley is midships and it is a haul to get the food back to the silver dining room. Food quality was fine. enjoy the different choices and the friendly staff.
Old March 5th, 2006, 10:39 AM
First Mate

Don't believe the negative talk. She is a beautiful ship, great food, excellent friendly service!
Carnival Destiny 3-9-97
Carnival Sensation 3-14-98
Carnival Imagination 3-13-99
Carnival Spirit 3-8-03
Carnival Valor 3-20-05
Carnival Fantasy 9-1-05
Carnival Liberty 1-7-06
Carnival Legend 8-16-06
Carnival Miracle 5-16-09
Carnival Splendor 5-17-13

Carnival Sunshine
Old March 6th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Passenger

THE LIBERTY IS THE BEST SHIP IN CARNIVALS FLEET.

THE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH LINES ON THE LIDO CAN BE LONG. HOWEVER THE FOOD IS OK AND THE DINNERS ARE GOOD IN THE DINING ROOMS. THE CABINS ARE LARGE.

AS FOR EXCURSIONS I RARELY TAKE THE CARNIVAL ONES. LOOK ON THE INTERNET FOR SHORE EXCURSIONS THAT YOU CAN DO ON YOUR OWN.

I AM SURE YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD TIME.....ITS IN THE ATTITUDE YOU BRING WITH YOU!