Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Triumph or Valor?

We are looking to go on a Carnival Cruise in August for our honeymoon. we are 23 and enjoy a good nightlife. which ship would be better? Carnival Triumph or carnival Valor?
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2006, 06:00 PM
First Mate

My wife and I went on Triumph in 2004 for our honeymoon. We went last year on the Valor. I enjoyed Valor much more. Valor is still a new ship and the decor is awesome. Plus Valor has like 23 or 24 bars.
Carnival Fascination 7/07
Carnival Miracle 01/08
Carnival Liberty 02/15

Need some cruise help?
Old March 7th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Passenger

I never been on either ship but I read Conde Nast Traveler magazine where they surveyed thousands of cruise passengers to rate their experience, of all the large ship from Carnival, only Valor made the list. Try it and let me know.
Old March 7th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Familiar Face

I've been on both ships, and I would recomend the Valor for a honeymoon cruise. You can have a romantic dinner in the supper club on Valor (Scarlett's), whereas the Triumph doesn't have a supper club.
Old March 8th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Beginner

Default Triumph

We are going in Sept. With all the reading I have done I would think Triumph and I would recommend eastern, my brother went western and felt it was a little common.
Old March 15th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Beginner

Never did the Triumph but just returned from the Valor. Definitely recommned the Valor, the nightlife was great. The disco club was great and played great music. The shows in the main theatre were awesome and at any given moment there was always live music all over the ship and the service in the bars and lounges wass great!