Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Valor Balcony Partitions

We have two cabins on the very back of the Valor and were wondering since we are traveling together and would like added space, can the partition between the two balconies be opened?

And, if you were recently on the Valor, who is the cruise director?

Thank You and Happy Sailing

Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Beginner

My friends and I have always booked side by side rooms w/balcony and the room steward will open the partitions for you. Just ask when you see him on embarkation. It is fabulous to have a large balcony to share with friends!

I have not sailed on the Valor - but I am learning that the Cruise Director changes often. I answered a question about the CD on the Triumph - New Years Eve and someone corrected me - so apparently they have changed at least twice since the first of the year.
Old March 16th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Beginner

We just returned from a trip on the Valor. We had two side by side rooms on the Valor's Verandah deck (8) port side. The partitions can be opened and it does make for a nice big balcony, although we asked the steward to lock ours since it kept flapping back and forth during the night. There may be a way to secure it once it is open, did not check on that. The CD was Ryan Fitzgerald, he was just promoted to CD and this was his first cruise in that role. He did a good job and was very knowledgable and funny.
Old March 17th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Captain

We had the partition opened for us on the Triumph in Jan. Make sure you bring along a set of allen wrenches (hex keys) so you can lock it back at night and when the wind decides to blow! There are times when the room steward isn't available to lock it back for you and if you have a set of allen wrenches you can do it yourself. We learned that the hard way! The wind blew really hard one day and we called the room steward to come lock it and it was during his off time, so we left a message for him. Later in the day when we returned to our cabin we heard a huge crash and the wind had ripped the top hinge off the side of the ship. My husband and brother in law, both good sized men wrestled with the door while we waited for someone to arrive and fix it. After 3 calls to the pursers desk, I finally convinced the lady that we needed maintenance not a room steward. (the 2 rooms had different room stewards) I finally had to say "this has gone from a safety hazard to am emergency. 2 large men are having a very difficult time hanging onto the partition. The wind is going to yank it overboard along with my husband" she said, oh it's a safety issue.. I'll send maintenance! They were there in less than 2 minutes and said we're so glad you called, this is a serious situation. They had to totally remove the partition and we didn't get it back for the rest of the trip! Yes, there is a hook to fasten it when it is open, but it would have completely covered the door to one of the cabins. We now have a set of allen wrenches ready to go in our suitcase!!

AKcruiser
Old March 20th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Do you know recall what size allen wrench?