Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Passenger

Default Would cruise price be cheaper, closer to sailing date?

I have a cruise booked for June 6th, and final payment will be due May 21st. I have been checking the price daily, but so far no change. I have always booked last minute (within 60 days) and gotten great deals. I'm afraid that as soon as my final payment is paid the price will drop and I can't make any adjustments. Do prices normally go down or up closer to cruising??
Old March 15th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

There are times when the prices will not go down, all depends on how full the ship is. If there are empty berths, then you may see some deals. I just try to book as early as I can, sometimes the prices are lower earlier, so its a gamble. If you want a certain cabin or cabin catagory, its difficult if you wait too long.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 15th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

I have recieved both refunds (prior to final payment) or ship board credits ( after final payment) in the past , once we upgraded to a suite which also was very nice, just keep in touch with your cruise focal that you booked with , we checked prices weekly for better deals, They wont call you but if you call them they will work with you, if your sailing on a holliday week or peak season dont exspect much fluctuation in price.
Old March 15th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I've found over the last year that I get the best deal by booking early. All three of my last cruises increased in price the closer we got the cruise date. My last one doubled in price. With most ships sailing full now I think a lot of the last minute deals are history.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 15th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Beginner

I have always booked last minute and recieve really good deals. But this time I booked in advance and now I see that every catagory is more than what I paid for a balcony. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason, just who you book through...Good Luck and Happy Sailing!