Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Beginner

Default 8B CABIN VICTORY TAILEND OF SHIP

My friend and I have just booked our first balcony cabin on Carnival Victory in December. We chose an 8B cabin along the back tail end of the ship. I've been in plenty of oceanviews along the sides of the ships, but never the back tail end. Anyone have any feedback? In my mind it looked great and added another 30 sq. ft. to the balcony. Can't wait to call room service while I lie on that deck starting off my days! Hoping for some positive feedback!

Peace!
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Passenger

I have also booked only in 8A in the REARS. I will be going in Sept on the Victory - NewEngland/Canada and will certainly post a review upon my return. I have been trying to figure out what exactly is below and above the balcony. Only for the noise factor. I was also wondering if there is a chance to be upgraded when booking and if so, what would the upgrade be? Hope you have a great time and I am counting the days.

Alexis in Pittsburgh
Old March 16th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Beginner

Hi Michelle

We were on the Victory on Jan 29th in room 8434 (8c). This is an awesome place to be. The balcony is quite a bit larger than the ones on the side.

It tends to get quite hot on the balcony as there really isn't much of a breeze. When you go out during the day - especially on port days - remember to close the curtains to keep your room cooler.

It's an awesome place to be on a great ship. Even though you will be facing backwards you will be able to see both sides.

I'm sure you will love it. Enjoy.
Old March 17th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Passenger

Hi - we too have booked a rear cabin on Victory - Empress Deck - they sound good, so hopefully we will have as much fun as you - will try to remember the curtains.