Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Beginner

Default Changing room/adding another person

Okay, we need help. My sister and I booked on the Valor, and now her sister-in-law wants to go along and share a room with us. We took advantage of Carnival's sale a few weeks back, so we were upgraded (inside cabin) for the same price. I am wondering if anyone else has ever had to add a passenger to their room, and how much of a hassle it was?? There's no way I am adding another person to an inside room. My inlaws sell cruises and booked this one and said it would be a hassle to cancel our cruise, rebook, upgrade to a balcony or oceanview and more expensive (I know they really don't want to do it) We hate to tell her no, but if it's going to be a huge hassle, then we will have to I guess. Anyone ever done this??
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Admiral

If you have a triple or quad room already it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to add her. But she would pay the 3rd/4th person rate, lower than the 2 of you already paid. If you added her, then you could adjust the $ by dividing the total in 3rds and this should save you some money. When we added our son to our Hawaiian cruise, he was only $311, much less than our full fare. Be sure to look into upgrading to another cabin. It might not be as bad as you think. Good luck.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old March 18th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Any TA (or the cruiseline, according to how you book) is able to do this without so much hassle. Sorry your inlaws' as TAs consider this TOO much trouble. It would certainly save all three of you some money, as the third person in the cabin cruises for MUCH less.

My sister and I booked a cruise, then other sister decided to join us...at something like $300 extra. So - we just divided the grand total three ways.

It seems your inlaws just don't want to bother with it. What a shame. Most TAs or PVPs don't seem to mind at all.

14 Carnival cruises
3 Princess cruises
2 HAL cruises
2 NCL cruises
3 RCL cruises
All fantastic voyages!