CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Food on board (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/311059-food-board.html)

Goose March 21st, 2006 08:22 AM

Food on board

Ok, Dumb question here I think, but I need to ask. Everyone says that all the Food on board is included in the cruise price, Does this include the Buffet, the Sushi bar and just about any other place that you can get a bite to eat on the ship. My wife loves Sushi and I see that there is a sushi bar on our ship, does this cost or is it also included in the cruise price.

Goose

EMG March 21st, 2006 08:44 AM

All food is included onboard :D Except for most drinks. They have fountains that dispense, Apple and Orange Juice, Fruit Punch, Water and Unsweetened Iced Tea.

I think there may be a dining room onboard that charges for their items off the menu in that particular dining room but don't hold me to that, I could be totally wrong.

Any pastries that are not from the dining room but are in the bar areas are extra, but I think they are priced reasonably. I think I paid less than two bucks for a slice of cheese cake.

Sushi is free!!!!

BlueChef March 21st, 2006 12:47 PM

Goose - Not knowing which ship you'll be on, I'll give you general answers.

Some Carnival ships have the "supper club". Basically, it's a special dining room with a $30 pp charge. I've never been interested in checking this out, as the food in the formal dining rooms is always wonderful...so why pay?

Some ships have little "coffee/dessert" bars, and you'll pay there. You'll know it's a $ because there will be signs posted.

Otherwise - all food is included in the cost of your cruise. This includes:

Formal dining rooms - all three meals
Lido Deck buffet area - all three buffet meals + extra desserts put out during the day. Some days, they have "Make Your Own Sundae" areas.
Pizzeria - Great pizzas, calzones, Caesar salads - Open 24 hrs. a day.
Soft-serve ice cream & frozen yogurt - Available 24 hrs. a day.
Deli - Really good Reubens and other type sandwiches.
Room service - No hot foods, but a great assortment of sandwiches, salads, Danish, desserts, etc.
Sushi Bar - If you like that sort of thing.

All beverages on the ship are included (except alcoholic and soft drinks and the specialty coffee bar.

Lido Deck:
Coffee, decaf, iced tea, hot water & tea bags, variety of juices, lemonade, fruitpunch, water. All of these are from self-serve machines.

Dining Rooms
:
Coffee, decaf, iced tea, hot tea, water, milk, skim milk, chocolate milk, hot chocolate, juices. (Also - espresso and cappuccino at no charge.)

Room Service:
Most of the above listed beverages at no charge - 24 hrs. a day.

On sea days, around 3 or 3:30, they also have "Tea Time" held in one of the small lounges. Usually a piano player or small combo playing. There'll be a variety of teas, coffee, petit fours, tiny sandwiches, mini cookies, etc. served by white-gloved attendants. You don't have to be 'dressed up' to attend. I go in my shorts. A nice respite from the activiites on the ship. No charge.

WHEW! I think that's all.