CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Tanning??? Bright Lights!!!!!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/311267-tanning-bright-lights.html)

gregc March 23rd, 2006 11:41 PM

Tanning??? Bright Lights!!!!!!

Do you visit the tanning beds before going on your cruise? How soon before your trip?? Or are you just lucky enough to be of Mediterranean descent and are a "natural'? Me?? I'm lucky !!! 8)

nicnatmom March 24th, 2006 07:09 AM

I usually visit the tanning salon a couple of months prior to my cruise as I burn easily. My dh does not burn he instantly tans. Same with my kids, 1 burns first and the other one tans first. Neither one of them have ever been to the Caribbean though so I will be slathering them up with the sunscreen!

skymaster March 24th, 2006 07:51 AM

The lovely Mrs. Jones is FBI (full blooded Italian) born in Sicily, so she is a natural. Me,,,I'm a skin cancer patient, so I slather up, and stay in the shade!

Donna March 24th, 2006 07:56 AM

I start at about a month before cruise and go once a week until about 2 weeks prior, then its twice, for 20 minutes at a time. I get a decent base, so I don't burn once I'm in the hot sun.

CA Cruiser March 24th, 2006 08:57 AM

I did this before my last 3 warm cruises and it was the best thing I did. I usually burn first then tan but because I had a base tan, I just tanned darker and never burned.

AceMile April 14th, 2010 03:31 AM

You should take the proper schedule or time of the given session to you. In order to maximize the result expected of you. Make sure you first consult the dermatologist if you could undergo with this treatment.

Mike M April 14th, 2010 10:44 AM

If I am cruising in the winter I always go and do a few sessions at "Fake and Bake." Like anything, if you overdo it you will have problems. Start with just a couple of minutes and work up.

Sunburns are no fun.

Take care,
Mike

david30101 April 14th, 2010 02:02 PM

I lay out in backyard about 1 hour a day for the last 2 weeks before my cruise. I tan very easyly and since im leaving on Sun Apr 19, Im plenty dark right now. Usually where I live I can lay outside till mid Nov before it gets to cold. As long as its over 60 and the sun is out. I dont use tanning beds. Even if I went on a cruise in middle of winter when im less tanned. I will be dark after the first couple days.
Im very lucky of my skin type.

cattchels April 14th, 2010 09:39 PM

I'm so pale that a tanning bed does nothing for me, so I opt for the spray tan.;)

dhudd April 14th, 2010 09:44 PM

We just go out in our backyard. It's the best way to get an all over even tan. It's much cheeper too.

billt April 15th, 2010 08:07 PM

i don't but the wife does. i do the first day burn, then tan after that.