Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2006, 06:56 PM
First Mate

Default Canned soda - machines?

We will be on the Carnival Miracle soon,
Can anyone verify if there are any vending type machines with canned soda? If so, how much.

I know there are ice machines, just wondering about soda--I know I could go to bar to get one, but sometimes I'd just like to pop a can in my cabin.
Thanks
Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Beginner

I have not ever seen soda machines or vending machines on any of the cruise ships. I know that you can probably take one six pack of soda on when you board.
Old March 24th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Passenger

no machines on any ships. but if u have a frig. in your cabin it will have soda in it at $3.50 a can
Old March 25th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Admiral

No vending machines on any of the ships

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 25th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Can you buy Canned soda from any of the bars?
Old March 25th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Yes,but very expensive...if you drink a lot of soda you may want to purchase the soda card
Old March 25th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Beginner

Back in 03 we were on the Triumph and there were vending machines. the price was 1.25 a can. Not bad. But the past 2 cruises I have looked for machines in the places that I found the vending machines which was with the ice machines. I could tell that there was somthing there once by looking @ the floor but now all machines seems to be gone. I will be looking on the Glory this coming May as well.

Kakarp
Old March 25th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Buffetfan - Obviously, most of the above posters have not inquired about vending machines on Carnival ships....so they should not give you an answer when they don't know for sure.

On ALL the Carnival ships I've been on, there have been Coke machines. They aren't just out in the open, but in closets - or vending machine rooms. Just ask your cabin steward or the purser. There are usually ice machines in the same area.

I always take my own six-pk. of the plastic-bottled Cokes. However, I noticed on the Paradise in November that the Cokes from the machines were $1.50 each.

14 Carnival cruises
3 Princess cruises
2 HAL cruises
2 NCL cruises
3 RCL cruises
All fantastic voyages!
Old March 25th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Admiral

BlueChef,I do not know who you are referring to,but I was answering Popeye about soda at the bar.I do not know why you get so upset if the thread veers a little.If that gets you upset why respond at all?
Old March 25th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Are the canned sodas that are put in your cabin really $3.50 on Carnival? WOW! They are only $1.50 on RCCL, at least as of Oct 2005. That's a huge price difference! I always bring some of my own but usually end up using a few of the ones in the cabin. I'll definitely have to re-think that if they are really that expensive.
Old March 25th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralcalicruzer
Are the canned sodas that are put in your cabin really $3.50 on Carnival? WOW! They are only $1.50 on RCCL, at least as of Oct 2005. That's a huge price difference! I always bring some of my own but usually end up using a few of the ones in the cabin. I'll definitely have to re-think that if they are really that expensive.
A recent Carnival cruiser told me the Cokes in the cabins are $1.50 each. The last Carnival cruise I was on was the Paradise in November, and they were still using the 20-oz. bottled Cokes @$2.50 each. I understand they are now using canned Cokes instead.....at $1.50.

14 Carnival cruises
3 Princess cruises
2 HAL cruises
2 NCL cruises
3 RCL cruises
All fantastic voyages!
Old March 25th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

are all staterooms on Carnival ships coming with mini-fridges? Or are they only in select rooms?
Old March 25th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
BlueChef,I do not know who you are referring to,but I was answering Popeye about soda at the bar.I do not know why you get so upset if the thread veers a little.If that gets you upset why respond at all?
Will, I really don't know why you are being so defensive. I was certainly not referring to you, as I understood what you were saying. I don't like to name 'names' on these boards, but...

Both Coach and Mehawk said emphatically that there are NO Coke machines on the ships. When someone is not sure about something, they don't need to state something like that - it confuses the new cruisers.

OK?

14 Carnival cruises
3 Princess cruises
2 HAL cruises
2 NCL cruises
3 RCL cruises
All fantastic voyages!
Old March 26th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Admiral

ok
Old March 27th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Admiral

I was on Destiny this last February. There was a soda vending machine on the Empress deck all the way forward in a little room with the ice machine. Its not a big variety but its there. It cost $1.25 for a can.

I'm sure you can ask any of the stewards and they can point you to the little room

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old March 27th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Passenger

Hi,

I don't think any criuse ship has soda machines. At least I've never seen one.

I recommend asking either your travel agenr or reservation at Carnival about the cost of purchasing a soda card. This means you pay a flat fee for a card and each time you want a soda you show the card to the bartender/waiter and they just give you the soda. You should also ask which bars and restaurants accept the card. Also ask what beverages it entitles you to.

A lot of adults get the card. I do and it saves money.

Hope this helps,

Nancy
Old March 28th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzinladies
Hi,

I don't think any criuse ship has soda machines. At least I've never seen one.

......... purchasing a soda card. This means you pay a flat fee for a card and each time you want a soda you show the card to the bartender/waiter and they just give you the soda.........
Nancy
Nancy, it's already been established here that Carnival ships DO have soft drink machines.

When using the soda card, you get only 'fountain drinks'. Many people prefer cans of Coke products - which are available only from the supply in your cabin or from the machines.

14 Carnival cruises
3 Princess cruises
2 HAL cruises
2 NCL cruises
3 RCL cruises
All fantastic voyages!