Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Passenger

Default FIRST TIME CRUISER/DINING OPTIONS/PRIDE

I am trying to get a straight answer on dining options. I know the Pride has pizza place, sushi place etc. My question is do they serve a buffet the same time they have the sit down dinners. We have the late seating. Someone told me they have the Lido deck cafe or something. What do they serve.. WE are going there to relax and do not want stop what we are doing and hurry up to get dressed for dinner. Especially my son who wears shorts constantly and not use to wearing pants.
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

OK, straight answer...I was on the Pride a few months ago.

Yes, the Lido Buffet area has basically the same time for dining as the formal dining rooms, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I don't care for buffet food, as a rule, but many people have many meals at the buffet and seem to thoroughly enjoy it, and the casual dress code. The buffet has a huge variety of food that changes daily. However, you can't get lobster tails, prime rib, filet mignon, or any of the same meals you would have in the dining room. It's your basic buffet type food.

You said you have late seating. Actually, you have "requested" late seating. You won't know for sure until you receive your Sail & Sign card just prior to boarding the ship. If you don't want the seating that's on your S&S card, you can see the Maitre d' the first afternoon, and request a change.

Any other questions? I'll be glad to answer whatever I can for you.

14 Carnival cruises
3 Princess cruises
2 HAL cruises
2 NCL cruises
3 RCL cruises
All fantastic voyages!
Old March 28th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Passenger

Thank you so very, very much. It is great to get a straight clear answer. I know you won't get as fancy of food as you do during sit down dining. It is just that a few of the seven nights I would just like to relax and eat casually. Thanks so much for the info. We'll be leaving June 4th.
Old March 28th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Desertrat..........a dining tip for you: the daily menu will be posted outside of the formal dining room each day (it might also be on the TV in your room); you can check out what's being served that night for dinner and if it's something you can live without, go for the buffet that night; on the other hand, you may see something you really want so you can plan to eat in the dining room that night.

have fun...............
Old March 29th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Passenger

Thank you everyone. You have been so much help. I really appreciate the info!