Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Pregnant & Cruising

My wife and I are booked on the Valor this May, and just last week we found out she is 5 weeks pregnant (yes, that's great news!) She will be in early stages of 2nd trimester when we leave, and of course we'll get Dr. approval before going.

We have been on 3 other cruises, so we know what they are like. However, she's getting concerned that there won't be much for her to do during the trip like we have in the past.

So, my question, has anyone been on a cruise while pregnant? If so, how did you enjoy it, what did you do, pros, cons, advice, etc. Any guidance here is welcome!
Valor Westside!
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

I too just found out I'm about 6 weeks pregnant and we leave for a cruise July 2nd. It is my understanding that you can cruise with Carnival as long as you are under 27 weeks. I'm sure she'll find plenty to do on the cruise (even being pregnant). You said you've cruised before, so you know there are a lot of activities that even a pregnant woman can do. You should be able to snorkel, sight-see, go to the beach (wear sunscreen, of course). Have fun.

BTW, we cruised on the Valor last year. It's a great ship.

Congratulations!!
Old March 29th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well, let's see, eating, lying around by the pool, how bad could that be? Seriously, unless she has some health restrictions by her doctor, she should be able to do just about anything during the early part of the second trimester, except probably the jacuzzi. And I do know that dolphin encounters won't allow pregnant women. But other than that, I can't imagine anyone being bored, I'm sure you will find fun things to do even in port that aren't too strenuous. Even just enjoying the time alone together before the baby will be great, you guys will be busy enough once that baby comes. Congratulations and enjoy.
Old March 29th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Beginner

I cruised on the Jubilee in May 2004 while I was pregnant. I had a great time - one word of advise though - if you plan on drinking any virgin drinks make sure you watch the bartender when they make them. I had several times when I ordered a virgin and they still tried to put alcohol in it. Congrats and have a great time.
Old March 29th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Passenger

Default cruising preggo

I cruised 2 cruises ago 10 weeks preggo. It was fine. I do second what the previous post said about virgin drinks though. This happened with me as well, just let them know you're pregnant and they'll get the point.

Heck, I even swam with the stingrays. It was a great cruise, enjoy your time!

Summer
Old March 30th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Passenger

You've got a "sailor " in the making!!!!!
Old March 31st, 2006, 01:43 PM
Passenger

As a six year OBGYN nurse, I saw your post and immediately wanted to reply but I don't need to reiterate what everyone else is saying. Of course, discuss with your OBGYN and if all is well, have a great time.