Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Passenger

Default Days at SEA

My husband and I went on our first cruise (and first vacation without the kids) last spring on the Legend. We absolutely loved it and we are booked this June on the Miracle (with the kids). The only problem for me is that the Legen had 4 sea days and 3 days at different ports. I love staying on the boat out in the middle of "no where". The Miracle only has two "days at sea" with 4 stops. I know I don't have to get off the boat, but I hate to miss the opportunity to see a new place. Has anyone been on the Miracle? Any suggestions as to the best things to see? Also I have to teenagers. Will they have as much fun as the adults?? Any suggestions for the teens?

Thanks for any feedback.
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Admiral

What are your ports? I can advice if I have been to any of them.
Old March 30th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Passenger

Default Ports...

Grand Cayman
Cozumel
Belize
Costa Maya

Thanks
Old March 30th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We sailed the Miracle last year and loved her. We did the same itinerary the year before on the Inspiration (with our kids who also had a great time). We did: (1) The Sting Ray Sandbar/Snorkel trip in Grand Cayman through Soto's Cruises. Everyone had a great time. (2) Cozumel we went to Chankanaab Park and did the Sea Trek Helmet Dive which was really cool and then a swim with the Sea Lions which the kids loved. We also went snorkeling there. (3) In Costa Maya we rented a golf cart and drove to the village of Majahual (sp). Its about 2 miles from the pier. They have a really nice beach there and we had a beach day. You can also get there by taxi. (4) In Belize we did the cave tubing through X-Stream and had a blast. The kids loved it. When my husband and I went we did the snorkel trip to Goff's Caye which was also a lot of fun.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 31st, 2006, 04:37 AM
Admiral

Of your ports I've only been to Belize. I did a private excursion with an American owned company based there called Coral Breeze limited. I snorked Shark/Ray alley (not scary or dangerous as it sounds) harmless stingrays and 1 very shy nurse shark. It was very nice, saw many beautiful fish, there were kids with familys who enjoyed this. We snokled 2 different spots with lunch on caye Cauker island, at the beach. They offer several other tours as well and the staff was excellent. Very informative, showed us maps and educated us about Belize.
My friends did Cave tubing and loved it. Other choices are Mayan ruins Altun Ha, The Baboon sanctuary (really holler monkeys) you can feed. Belize ctiy tour , (I don't reccomend this the citys not too pretty) people who did this were disapointed. If I go again I will eather go to the Mayan site or cave tubing since it's one of the few places in the world that offer this. But snokling is nice here too cause it's the largest reef in the northern hemisphere. If you want to see the pretty beaches you have to go to a caye there are no beaches in Belize city. Have a great time!
Old March 31st, 2006, 07:54 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

I also love the sea days - Port days can be fun but very tiring, my suggestion would be to get off the ship and do a short excursion for a few hours, and get back on the ship for the rest of the day. Just because you get off the ship doesn't mean you have to spend the whole day off the ship. I enjoy the spa discounts , the open deck chairs and empty hottubs pools - wonderful, no lines at the dining areas.

Happy Sailing, I am sure you will enjoy your vacation no matter what you decide to do.
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old March 31st, 2006, 10:09 AM
Passenger

In Costa Maya there is a pool right next to the dock and about a mile off there is a small village with a beach. If u are interested in history u can visit the Mayan ruins. Do it with David & Ivan. Cheaper than Carnival and much more informative/
Old March 31st, 2006, 05:43 PM
Passenger

Thank you all for the info. Great to hear from people with first-hand experience. We are checking into these places as a believe a few were destroyed by hurricanes last year.

Any information is always appreciated.

Thanks again!