Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2006, 12:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Shore tour- Keeping dry things safe while swimming.

My husband and I are booked on Miracle April 30. This is our first cruise together. I have gone on a couple of shorter trips with women friends. I didn't do any water stuff.
We are thinking of doing the turtle farm and stingray city in Grand Cayman. What do you do with your dry things while in the water. Is there a secure place for them as in a locker?
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2006, 07:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We just left our stuff in a beach bag on the boat. No one bothered it. We kept our sign & sail, id, cash and credit cards in a waterproof pouch that goes around your neck. You can buy them on board or at any sporting goods store.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Darcy. We'll get one.
Old April 2nd, 2006, 08:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Similar Question??

I have a similar question. We are planning to take one of the ships excursions in Ohos Rios at Dunn River Falls. The excursion includes shopping before the trip to the falls. I was wondering what to do with the items (I will buy) while going thru the falls. I wouldn't want them to get wet. Will the ship will docked close by????
Old April 2nd, 2006, 06:19 PM
Admiral

Hi maxibluz,

When we were at Dunn's River Falls we left everything in the van, which was locked. The van drivers "hang out" near the vans while you climb (or walk beside) the falls. The ship isn't docked close enough to walk back.

BTW, there's a small shopping area on the way back to the vans where the vendors are pretty aggressive. It doesn't bother me, but it does bother a lot of people. Just a heads up!

Have a wonderful time!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old April 2nd, 2006, 08:28 PM
Passenger

Default Sting Ray City

Do not book on the ship for Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman, as we have seen the yachts and they are packed full. When you get off the ship just cross the street and walk about 10 mins. or so to the left and you will come to Capt Marvins, he is the best and a lot cheaper. IfI remember right itwas around $39US per person. If you want to book it ahead, all you have to do is put your Credit Card No. in at no charge to you and if for some reason the ship does not make it to port on that day, you will not have to pay. Go to Google and in Search type in Capt Marvins, Grand Cayman and the page will come up, telling you all about lthem. We have been 3 times with Capt. Marvin and everyone has enjoyed themselves. They also make a movie of all of you with the sting rays and on the yacht and put it to Caribbean type music and you can purchase this while on the yacht, giving your name and address and they will send it to you. We jsut received ours that was taken in mid March and it is excellent. Don,t worry about your dry things or packs, we just left them on the yacht, no problem while we were in the water. You will not be able to do Turtle Farm and Sting Rays as the ship usually leaves around 3Pm and if you go with the sting rays for around 10am or so, just back around 2 pm. Don,t miss this, everyone said it was the best day they had.
Old April 2nd, 2006, 08:33 PM
Passenger

Default Dunns River Falls

Hi Maxibluz. If you are going to Dunns River Falls, check out Peat Taylor Tours, he is fabulous and a lot less then booking on the ship. Go to google and in Search type Peat Taylor Tours, Ocho Rios, Jamaica and his page will come up. He gives a wonderful coach tour, taking you first to climb the falls, then on to Fern Gulley and he also took us to somewhere where there was a fellow eating fire and selling all kinds of wood carvens, very interesting. We were 20 people so he only charged us $20US each for the day and hewaits while you all climb the Falls in his coach. Peat Taylor is the best, try him. I found him from people who had gone with him on the internet and was not sorry, all had a great time.