Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Familiar Face

Default Any tips on a hotel close to Port Canaveral?

We're going to fly in to Orlando early and want to stay at
a hotel near Port Canaveral.

Any sugguestions on a good deal?

Carnival Sensation, Dec. 2004
Carnival Sensation, Dec. 2006
Carnival Fascination, Dec. 2009
Carnival Elation
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

we sailed the Glory The Radison in port Canaveral is a must , they have a great pool and a great party the night before you sail at the pool, it was a one of the highlights of our cruise, they also have a free shuttle to the ship the next morning its a great deal, we rented a car at the airport then turned it in the next morning about a mile down the strip from the hotel , they also have a shuttle to take you back to the hotel.
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to islandmangeo

I dont really consider this hotel a good deal, but kit is a great place to stay befotre you cruise... Radisson Resort at the Port in Cape Canaveral. If you need further information please ask or check out their web site

Islandmangeo
Old April 6th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival Vincent

I stayed at the Radisson Resort “at the port�. It a good hotel for a few nights and the pool is great! You have of course too check the prices but they have some great rates, even for parking. The FREE shuttle brings you in 5 minutes to the port.

Have a great cruise,

Vincent

Cruise History: 1990 Mardi Gras, 1993 Jubilee, 1998 Imagination, 2002 Fantasy, 2003 Carnival Spirit (panama canal), 2004 Carnival Triumph, 2005 Carnival Liberty (transatlantic)
Old April 9th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have stayed at the Radison at the Port twice before cruises on the Carnival Glory. It is probably the best place to stay near Port Canaveral.
Inspiration - June, 2007
Carnival Valor - May, 2007
Carnival Glory - August, 2005
Carnival Glory - April, 2004
Carnival Destiny - April, 2001
Carnival Destiny - April, 2001
Sensation - September, 2000
Paradise - June, 2000
SS Norway - May, 1996
Fantasy - November, 1993
SS Norway - May, 1993
Old April 11th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

From what I read about the Raddison it was the best choice for me so we booked our rooms back in November for our one night stay over.

The web site shows an awesome pool and restaurant plus it is so close to the terminal that I would rather pay a few bucks more and have a great place to stay. I think the check out time is about 11 a.m. so no big rush to get ready,have breakfast, lounge around till check out time and go to the ship when boarding time comes. Takes about 5 minutes to get there.

On the raddison cam you can see the terminal andcan see the Glory when she in port on saturdays.

Happy sailing all

GG 8)

31 days till Glory
Old April 11th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

The Raddison looks like a great hotel, very close to port, only one question. What is the best transportation option from Orlando Airport to the hotel. I see that they dont off a airport shuttle, but at the same time I dont want to rent a car for the hour or so drive from the airport, just to let it sit in a parking lot for a week while I am cruising. Are there other shuttle services from the airport to Port Canaveral? Currently my wife and I are booked at a hotel close to the airport in Orlando, who offer a free airport shuttle, then plan to take the Carnival bus from the Airport to Port Canaveral the morning of sailing. Is this a good option, or should I look into changing our reservation into staying in Port Canaveral the night before our ship sets sail. If you could provide a link to a company that runs a shuttle to Port Canaveral that would be great if anyone knows of one!
Old April 12th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

We used Art's Shuttle from the airport to our hotel in Cocoa Beach it was $65 for up to 4 people.

Laura
Old April 14th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Radisson

I have stayed at the Radisson too. I would like to stay there again. ***edited to remove commercial reference***
Old April 14th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Admiral

I have posted this many times....I, too, have stayed at the Radisson, also at the Comfort Inn Suites and the Hampton Inn twice. The latter 2 are down A1A about 2 miles. The Radisson was very nice, but so was the Hampton inn. The Radisson gets very crowded the night before a cruise and on cruise morning it is chaos in the lobby. There was lots of shoving and yelling with over zealous cruisers, even with scheduled shuttle times. Will probably be staying there again in September for a high school reunion since I grew up there.

We prefered the Hampton Inn. At the Hampton Inn we had an 8th floor balcony room with a spectacular view of the ocean. They have a nice pool, their complimentary continental brealfast and a walkway to the beach. The staff was very friendly and offered free appetizer coupons to local restaurants.

If you choose the Comfort Inn, ask for the newer section.

Have fun planning.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old April 14th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Passenger

Yes. We stayed at the Best Western Space Shuttle Inn--in titusville, Florida--$80/night. Only 5 miles or less from the Port. The Durango Steak House next to hotel is absolutely fabulous.
Old April 14th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Admiral

If you are driving down the BEST hotel I think is Caribe Royale.We LOVE!!! it there,and would not stay anywhere else close to Cape Canaveral.I like to stay in Orlando the day before we cruise to tour the Disney area.The Hotel Caribe Royale have a Top Notch Staff in our view.If you have kids they have a nice mini waterpark with water slide,and a lot of extras.Also,only about a 30-45 minute drive to the ship.
Old April 18th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks to all, this is just what we needed.

Carnival Sensation, Dec. 2004
Carnival Sensation, Dec. 2006
Carnival Fascination, Dec. 2009
Carnival Elation