CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Refrigerators (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/312375-refrigerators.html)

madisonrae April 13th, 2006 02:19 PM

Refrigerators

Which Carnival Ships have mini refrigerators in them? Is it just suites that have them?

dina April 13th, 2006 03:34 PM

I found this:

All staterooms will have a stocked minibar. The items will be replenished twice daily as the items are consumed and charged to the guest's Sail & Sign Account along with a 15% restocking charge. If the guest wishes to have the minibar permanently locked, they must contact the Information Desk. The minibar service will be locked on the night prior to debarkation. Offered on the following ships: Spirit, Pride, Legend, Conquest, Glory, Miracle, Valor and aboard the Triumph and Victory in category 11 and 12 suites.

The minibar will be stocked with premium liquor, wine, beer, soft drinks and a variety of sweet/salty snacks.

mehawk April 13th, 2006 04:42 PM

Yes, all of the cabins have the refrigerator

UConn1 April 13th, 2006 06:28 PM

Only the ships starting with the Destiny I belive have them in each cabin. On the smaller, older ships, they are only in the suites.

Did not have them on Ecstasy, Imagination, or Sensation when I cruised, including last month on Sensation.

Jodi

Mom1977 April 13th, 2006 07:35 PM

No. All of the cabins do NOT have refrigerators. Which ship are you going on and then see if they offer it. (see list above)

I know for a fact the Triumph only has the refrigerator in the Cat 11 and 12 suites. Even the balconies do not have them.

BlueChef April 14th, 2006 04:53 PM

I don't get it. I cannot understand how somebody can come on here and say emphatically that ALL cabins have refrigerators. It's just not true.

If you don't know, just don't answer. :roll:

Cruznut2 April 15th, 2006 06:07 AM

Iwas on Carnival Glory last September we had a category 4A inside. There was no refrigerator in there.

Laura

LWilliams April 17th, 2006 08:11 AM

If your cabin has a stocked minibar/fridge, can you use the fridge for your own personal use? Or are you charged the 15% for unlocking it?

Mom1977 April 17th, 2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LWilliams
If your cabin has a stocked minibar/fridge, can you use the fridge for your own personal use? Or are you charged the 15% for unlocking it?

Ours wasn't locked to begin with. We moved all their things to the side and put ours in, but we only put 4 cans of pop in at a time.

I've heard you can ask the room steward to remove everything for you.

Also, they are not very cold unless things are in there for a long time. What helps is to leave the door to the cabinet open. (They are inside a little cabinet with a door. There is no air circulation so it is harder for it to get things cold.)