Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default bus service from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

Has anyone used Carnivals bus service from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral? What about from Port back to Orlando Airport. Is it worth the $50 pp rt or should I look into a private shuttle service. There is only 2 people in my party. Right now we are planning on staying in Orlando the night before and catching the hotel shuttle back to the airport to catch carnivals bus to port. any advice would be great.
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Passenger

Default Bus Service

It has been three years since we sailed from Pt. Canaveral but when we did we used Carnival's bus service and found it to be hassle free. For this particular situation we would probably use it again. The only down side is you have to wait until the bus is full before it leaves. I would get back to the airport as soon as you can that morning to try and get an early bus. The rate has definately gone up from three year's ago but I have no other idea's for you at this time.
Carnival Miracle 2005
Old April 16th, 2006, 04:43 PM
First Mate

I was looking for transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral and it is pretty pricey - Around $80. I understnad shuttles are a bit cheaper but you may make 2 or 3 stops on the way and can take up to 2 hours to get to your destination - unless that is - you are the first stop.

AlaskanGrown - which hotel in Port Canaveral has shuttle service to/from Orlando Airport, if you please.

Mary
2003 Carnival Triumph
2004 Carnival Conquest
2005 Carnival Valor
2005 Carnival Spirit
2006 Carnival Valor
2007 Carnival Liberty
2007 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Freedom

2009 Royal Caribbean Grandeur
Old April 16th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are staying the night before the cruise at the La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West. listed as a 2 1/2 star hotel. We dont fly into Orlando till 5pm, and flying from Alaska all the way to Orlando all day, so we are looking for a quick easy bed to fall into for the night then catch the shuttle back to the airport (free too!)
Old April 16th, 2006, 10:25 PM
First Mate

Alaskangrown - Orlando Airport is about 45-60 minutes from Port Canaveral - the cruise port. I looked on line and saw free shuttle to La quinta in Orlando but no mention of it to Port Canaveral - unless they do not advertise that. I think you should verify this with the hotel in Orlando.

Knowing the distance and cost - I'm not sure they would offer trip to the port for free.

Just my thoughts.

BTW - I was in your beattiful state last June on a cruise - I plan on coming back to do more on land.

Mary
2003 Carnival Triumph
2004 Carnival Conquest
2005 Carnival Valor
2005 Carnival Spirit
2006 Carnival Valor
2007 Carnival Liberty
2007 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Freedom

2009 Royal Caribbean Grandeur
Old April 16th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Admiral

Mary, I think AlaskanGrown was saying the shuttle to and from the airport to their Orlando hotel was free...not to PC.

To get to Port Canaveral, we rented a car from Budget for under $35. Their return location is only 1/4 mile from the port and they had a free shuttle to the port. They were very friendly and helpful. We took the ship's shuttle back to the airport for about $20/pp.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old April 17th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Cruiser
Mary, I think AlaskanGrown was saying the shuttle to and from the airport to their Orlando hotel was free...not to PC.
That is correct, the La Quinta shuttle is free to and from the Airport only. I am booked with Carnival to use their shuttle from the airport to port and back. I looked at doing a one way car rental, but the cost of being an underage driver (only 22) plus being a tall guy (6'5'') a small compact car is not an option, I need a full size car or an SUV to drive.

I think I am just going to stick with our plans of using Carnival's shuttle from the Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral and back. Seems that will be the cheapest and easiest option for my wife and I.