Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Beginner

Default No certified SCUBA in Cozumel?

DH and I are booked on Miracle 7/16/2006. In going through the shore excursions, there is only beginner's SCUBA shown for Cozumel [and a cave trip - DH is claustrophobic, so no go] but not the usual certified SCUBA excursion. What's up with that? We prefer to go through the cruise line to book excursions; sure, costs more, but avoids many hassles. Do we really need to find a private SCUBA source, or is this just an omission in the listings? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Cyndeb:

I've booked through cozumelinsider.com and never had any problems. I highly recommend them. I don't know about booking through the ship, maybe someone else can help with that.

Darcy
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old April 19th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I agree with Darcy. Cozumelinsider is a great place, and it is run by two Texans. E-mail Sherry and she will fix things up for you.
Enjoy your cruise.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 19th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival Vincent

I also prefer to book the “dive� excursions through Carnival shore tours, and I can’t imagine that there is no certified dive. On Carnival’s website it says that there is a two tank certified dive. I went too. It was on the Palancar and Tormentos reef with are the best dive sites. I heard that the hurricane damaged the reefs so maybe that’s the problem. But still it is on Carnival’s website and you can book these tours right behind your pc. When I took the tour the dive operator was www.sanddollarsports.net and they were excellent, one of the best I ever had.

Hope this helps and life short dive hard

Vincent
Cruise History: 1990 Mardi Gras, 1993 Jubilee, 1998 Imagination, 2002 Fantasy, 2003 Carnival Spirit (panama canal), 2004 Carnival Triumph, 2005 Carnival Liberty (transatlantic)
Old April 19th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Beginner

Default Thanks for the replies, mates!

Although SCUBA 2 tank dive is shown as available in Cozumel in the general list of Carnival excursions, for some reason, it is not available on the 7/16/2006 Miracle cruise. I'm going to call Carnival and see if it was an oversight in our cruise's list, or if there is a specific reason that they are not offering it. We're supposed to be in port for 7 hours; that should be plenty of time for 2 dives. I appreciate the lead on the private outfit, just in case Carnival doesn't come thru!
Old April 20th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

go online and book the wall dive with someone its one of the top 5 dives in the world. it drops from about 60 feet to neirly 300 in a shear drop its amaizing